Depot ( // dep-oh or // dee-poh) is from the French dépôt which means a deposit (as in geology or banking) or a storehouse. In English, depot can mean any one of a number of things, with minor variances between the different English speaking countries:
- Train station
- Bus station
- Bus garage, where buses are stored when not in use
- Motive power depot, where trains and trams are stored when not in use
- Transport hub for freight
- Oil depot
- Propellant depot, which supplies fuel to spacecraft
- Castaway depot, contains stores and survival gear for victims of shipwrecks
- Regimental depot, the headquarters and training grounds of a regiment
- Main Operating Base, an overseas base for the US military
- Logistics center
- The Home Depot, a store
- Depot, Poland, a village
- Injection (medicine)#Depot_injection
- RCMP Academy, Depot Division, in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Maxwell Street Depot in Chicago, United States
- "Depot" is a term used for providing details on the account held by one bank with another where it does not exist.
- Depot Historic District (disambiguation)
Depot Rail vehicles maintenance space where mainly all operations are held.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.