- Jefferson Community College (New York)
Jefferson Community College, a two-year college located in Watertown,
New York. It was chartered in 1961 and was initially accredited in 1969, It is one of the 30 community colleges with the State University of New York(SUNY) system.
In the fall 2003 semester, Jefferson's total headcount was 3,502 students (1,866 full-time and 1,636 part-time). The student body is 61% female. [http://www.infoplease.com/edu/colleges/6923/] In fall 2002, minority enrollment included African-American (6%), Hispanic (4%), Asian (1%), and Native American (1%). [http://www.edref.com/school_list/jefferson-community-college]
Resident tuition is under $3,000 and non-resident tuition is over $4,000. [http://www.infoplease.com/edu/colleges/6923/] [http://www.universities.com/Schools/J/Jefferson_Community_College_Watertown.asp] [http://www.collegeview.com/school/school_hub.jsp?scid=3300990] There is an application fee of $100. [http://www.50states.com/cc/detail/ny/192022.htm]
Jefferson offers 16 A.A.S. career curricula, 10 transfer A.A. or A.S. curricula and 6 certificate programs.
See: [http://www.sunyjefferson.edu/AcademicPrograms/academic.html complete list of programs]
The campus consists of eight permanent buildings, including:
* The Samuel Guthrie Building
* The John Foster Dulles Building
* The Melvil Dewey Library Building
* The James McVean College Center Building
* The Robert Lansing Administration Building
* The John T. Henderson Child Care Center
* The Jules Center
There are five instructional computer classrooms and one computer resource center. Jefferson offers a baseball diamond, soccer/lacrosse fields, lighted tennis and basketball courts, and a walking/running trail.
* [http://www.sunyjefferson.edu/ SUNY Jefferson Official Website]
* [http://saranac.sunyconnect.suny.edu:4760/F SUNY Jefferson Library Catalog]
* [http://www.uscollegesearch.org/jefferson-community-college-watertown.html U.S. College Search]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.