- DECA (organization)
DECA Formation 1946 Type Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) Headquarters 1908 Association Drive
Reston, Virginia, U.S. 20191-1591
Membership 180,000+ National Student Officers Claire Coker, Micah Melling, Jenn Harrington, Kendra Wrightson, Johnny Martin Staff ~30 Website http://www.deca.org/
DECA, also known as Collegiate DECA on the college level) is an international association of students and teachers of marketing, management and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service (DECA.org). DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. It is one of ten organizations listed as Career and Technical Student Organizations by the United States Department of Education.
The International Career Development Conference (ICDC) is available to all qualifying DECA members. The ICDC is held in a different city every year. Conference Locations for past and future years:
- 1997 - Anaheim, California
- 1998 - Denver, Colorado
- 1999 - Orlando, Florida
- 2000 - Louisville, Kentucky
- 2001 - Anaheim, California
- 2002 - Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2003 - Orlando, Florida
- 2004 - Nashville, Tennessee
- 2005 - Anaheim, California
- 2006 - Dallas, Texas
- 2007 - Orlando, Florida
- 2008 - Atlanta, Georgia
- 2009 - Anaheim, California
- 2010 - Louisville, Kentucky
- 2011 - Orlando, Florida
- 2012 - Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2013 - Anaheim, California
- 2014 - Atlanta, Georgia
- 2015 - Detroit, Michigan
- Regional (in some areas, it's known as Area Competition or District Competition),
- State Career Development Conference (SCDC) or Provincial Competition (Canada)
- International Career Development Conference (ICDC)
Other conferences at the high school level include:
- State and Regional Leadership Conferences
- Central Region Leadership Conference (CRLC)
- The New York Experience
- District Competitive Event Conferences
- State Competitive Conferences (SCC)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Conference 
- North Atlantic Region Leadership Conference (NARCON)
- Western Region Leadership Conference (WRLC)
- Western Region Officer Training Camp (WROTC)
More than 60 years ago, DECA organized around an ambitious goal: to improve education and career opportunities for students interested in careers in marketing, management and entrepreneurship. Membership includes 180,000 students and advisers throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, China, Korea,Japan,and Germany.
DECA is divided into four divisions: High School, Collegiate DECA (College Division), Alumni, and Professional.
The High School Division is composed of individual chapters (DECA organizations within one school). Areas and Districts are grouped under a state association. State associations are grouped together as regions.
Collegiate DECA is organized in much the same way as High School DECA, except that chapters are by college, not high school. Collegiate DECA's membership is smaller than the high school division. Collegiate DECA, previously called Delta Epsilon Chi, was formed in 1970. This division functions as a student/professional division.
The Alumni division is for former DECA members, giving them a way to participate in DECA and give back to the organization after high school or college.
The Professional Division is made up of individuals who have become business or marketing professionals and are interested in helping to develop the next generation of business and marketing leaders.
Collegiate DECA's National Officer Team consists of one President and four Vice Presidents. A new team of officers is elected every year at the International Career Development Conference by voting delegates from around the globe. The National Officer team assists corporate DECA with membership development and services, web site development, conference promotion, member and chapter encouragement, and service of the members and advisors.
DECA National Officers
Year Position Officer State 2011–2012 DECA National President Claire Coker Tennessee 2011–2012 DECA Central Region VP Micah Melling Missouri 2011–2012 DECA North Atlantic Region VP Jennifer Harrington Delaware 2011–2012 DECA Southern Region VP Kendra Wrightson Florida 2011–2012 DECA Western Region VP Johnny Martin Arizona-REMOVED FROM OFFICE
Collegiate DECA National Officers
Year Position Officer State 2011–2012 DECA National President Paige Eldridge Texas 2011–2012 DECA National Vice President Dakota Dale Mississippi 2011–2012 DECA National Vice President Clayton Bradshaw Oklahoma 2011–2012 DECA National Vice President Emily Dziatlik Utah 2011–2012 DECA National Vice President Ron Schoolcraft Wisconsin
- Pennsylvania DECA
- Illinois DECA
- Tennessee DECA
- California DECA
- Nevada DECA
- New Jersey DECA
- Texas DECA
- Connecticut DECA
- Massachusetts DECA
- Indiana DECA
- Missouri DECA
- Washington DECA
- New Hampshire DECA
- Oregon DECA
- Arizona DECA
- Maryland DECA
- Georgia DECA
- North Carolina DECA
- Missouri DECA
- ^ Career and Technical Student Organizations
- ^ Welcome to DECA Inc.'s Educational Gateway
- ^ http://www.deca.org/pdf/DECAChapterManagement.pdf
- History of DECA (from the Virginia DECA website)
- Competitive Event Listing (from the official DECA.org website)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.