- Office of Administration
Office of Administration Agency overview Formed December 12, 1977 Headquarters Old Executive Office Building Employees About 150 Agency executive Cameron Moody, Director Parent agency Executive Office of the President of the United States Website Office of Administration
The Office of Administration is an entity within the Executive Office of the President tasked with overseeing the general administration of the entire Executive Office.
The Office of Administration was formed by merging the administrative functions of ten entities that were present in the Executive Office by the signing of Executive Order 12028 by President Jimmy Carter on December 12, 1977.
The organization's mission is to provide administrative services to all entities of the Executive Office of the President, including direct support services to the President of the United States. The services include financial management and information technology support, human resources management, library and research assistance, facilities management, procurement, printing and graphics support, security, and the Office of White House mail and messenger operations. The Director of the organization oversees the submission of the annual budget Request and represents the organization before congressional funding panels.
Part of the Office of Administration is the Facilities Management Division's which is tasked with the mission to professionally manage the use of space and oversee the maintenance of space for all of the EOP facilities and provide excellence in customer service. The core functions include the Facility Request Program, Space Management, Project Oversight, Conference and Meeting Support, Preservation Stewardship, and Recycling Program Management.
As part of the Facilities Management Division, the Preservation Office's mission is the preservation of the historic and architectural integrity of the EOP properties. This involves the following tasks:
- Oversee the restoration and preservation of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building (EEOB), the East and West Wings of the White House, and the Jackson Place Townhouses, among other selected properties.
- Direct and manage public education programs on the history of the EOP properties (these include special presentations, exhibitions, brochures and other informational requests).
- Maintain collections of furnishings, decorative arts, architectural fragments, prints and drawings, and research files, as well as manage the receipt of gifts and the loans of materials and furnishings.
- Director: Beth Jones
- Deputy Director: Vacant
- Chief Financial Officer: Allyson Laackman
- Chief Information Officer: Brook Colangelo
- Chief Procurement and Contract Management Officer: Althea Kireilis
- Director for Equal Employment Opportunity:Clara Patterson
- Director for Office of Security and Emergency Preparedness: Len Cooke
- General Counsel: Denise Maes
- Federal government of the United States
- Executive Office of the President
- Office of Management and Budget
Executive Office of the President of the United StatesCouncil of Economic Advisers · Council on Environmental Quality · National Security Council · Homeland Security Council · Office of Administration · Office of Management and Budget · Office of National Drug Control Policy · Office of Science and Technology Policy · Office of the United States Trade Representative · President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board · President's Intelligence Advisory Board · White House Office · Office of the Vice President
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.