High-definition refers to an increase in display or visual resolution such as in:
- High-definition television (HDTV), television formats that have a higher resolution than their contemporary counterparts
- High-definition video, used in HDTV broadcasting, as well as digital film and computer HD video file formats
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), all-digital audio/video interface capable of transmitting uncompressed streams
- HDV, format for recording high-definition video onto magnetic tape
- HD DVD, discontinued optical disc format
- Blu-ray Disc, a high resolution video optical disc format
- High definition sound effects are artificially created or enhanced sound effects that are recorded at 24-bit/48kHz or above
- Intel High Definition Audio (HD Audio), device driver interface (DDI) for audio and modem drivers developed by Intel
- DVD-Audio, optical DVD standard that focuses on high-definition and surround audio, published by the DVD Forum
- HiDef, 24 frames-per-second digital video format
- "Hi-Definition", 2008 single from Lupe Fiasco's The Cool
- High Definition (Shootyz Groove album), 1999
- High Definition (Vitalij Kurprij album), 1997
- HD Radio, name for iBiquity's "hybrid digital" radio system
- JPEG XR, image file format formerly known as Windows Media Photo and HD Photo
- High Definition (radio program), a 2006 Canadian radio program
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.