Cato may refer to:
Cato's Letters, a series of libertarian essays written in the 1720s
Distichs of Cato" or simply "Cato", a medieval Latin-language schoolbook & moral guide
* "Cato", 18th century drama by
Joseph Addison, based on the life of Cato the Younger
* Cato Neimoidia, a fictional planet in the
Cato Institute, American libertarian think tank
The Cato Corporation(nyse|CTR), owners of the [http://www.catofashions.com/ CATO] women's clothing stores
* Romans, in the family
Cato the Elderor "the Censor" (Marcus Porcius Cato 234BC–149BC), Roman statesman
Marcus Porcius Cato Licinianus, son of Cato the Elder by his first wife Licinia, jurist
**** Marcus Porcius Cato, son of Cato Licinianus, consul 118 BC, died in Africa in the same year
Gaius Porcius Cato, son of Cato Licinianus, consul 114 BC
Marcus Porcius Cato Salonianus, son of Cato the Elder by his second wife Salonia, (born 154 BC, when his father had completed his eightieth year)
**** Marcus Porcius Cato, son of Cato Salonianus and father of Cato the Younger
Cato the Younger" "Cato of Utica" or "Cato Minor" (Marcus Porcius Catō Uticēnsis 95BC–46BC), politician and statesman in the late Roman Republic, remembered for his lengthy conflict with Gaius Julius Caesar, and moral integrity
Marcus Porcius Cato (II), son of Cato the Younger, fell at the Battle of Philippi, 42 BC
Lucius Porcius Cato, son of Cato Salonianus, consul 89 BC, killed during the Social War (91–88 BC)
Suzy Cato(born 1968), New Zealand entertainer
Kelvin Cato(born 1974), American basketball player
John Cyril Cato(born 1889, died 1971), Australian photographer, portraitist and author, renowned historian of Australian photography, known also as Jack Cato
Diomedes Cato(born 1560, died 1618) was a Polish composer
* Cato the anti-Federalist, pseudonym for an American author of anti-Federalist articles in the late 1780s, probably the politician
George Clinton (vice president)
* Cato, the pseudonym for the authors of the 1940s polemic "
Guilty Men"; Michael Foot, Frank Owen, Peter Howard
* Cato Fong, Inspector Clouseau's manservant in the Pink Panther movies
Cato Township, Michigan
* CATO, an acronym used in rocketry, for Catastrophe At Take Off -- the catastrophic failure of a rocket engine.
* CATO, an acronym for Catapult
Assisted take off
* Corazón Artificial Total Ortotópico (Spanish for Orthotopic Total Artificial Heart) invented by Dr.
* Cato, a
South Devon Railway Eagle class4-4-0ST steam locomotive
Cato (ship)was an English ship sunk on the Great Barrier Reefin 1803.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.