- Holocaust (resources)
This entry provides a select bibliography and other resources for the main article: "
* Bauer, Yehuda. "Rethinking the Holocaust". Yale University Press; New Ed edition, 2002. ISBN 0-300-09300-4
* Bauer, Yehuda. "Jews for Sale? Nazi–Jewish Negotiations 1933–1945". Yale University Press, 1994. ISBN 0-300-06852-2
* Berenbaum, Michael, "A Mosaic of Victims: Non-Jews Persecuted and Murdered by the Nazis" (1990)
* Berkhoff, Karel C. "Harvest of Despair : Life and Death in Ukraine under Nazi Rule" (2004)
* Black, Edwin. "
The Transfer Agreement", (c1984)
* Braham, Randolph L., "The Politics of Genocide: The Holocaust in Hungary" 2 vols. Boulder:Social Science Monographs, distributed by Columbia University Press) (rev. and enlarged, (1994) ISBN 0-8803-3247-6
* Browning, Christopher R. "The Origins of the Final Solution: The Evolution of Nazi Jewish Policy, September 1939-March 1942" (2004)
*Burleigh, Michael & Wippermann, Wolfgang "The Racial State : Germany 1933-1945", Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, (1991) ISBN 0-521-39114-8.
* Davidowicz, Lucy, "" (1975).
* Davies, Norman and Lukas, Richard C. "Forgotten Holocaust: The Poles Under German Occupation 1939-1944", (2001, c1996)
* Dwork, Deborah.
Robert Jan Van Pelt, "Auschwitz: 1270 to the Present" (1996)
* Dwork, Deborah and
Jan Van Pelt, Robert. "Holocaust: A History" (2002)
* Friedländer, Saul. "Nazi Germany and the Jews : Volume 1: The Years of Persecution 1933-1939" (1998); Volume 2: "Nazi Germany and the Jews 1939-1945: The Years of Extermination". HarperCollins, 2007.
* Friedlander, Henry. "The Origins of Nazi Genocide: From Euthanasia to the Final Solution" (1997, c1995)
* Gilbert, Martin. "Auschwitz and the Allies" (1983, c198l)
* Gilbert, Martin. "The Holocaust: A History of the Jews of Europe during the Second World War" (New York, 1985) ISBN 0-8050-0348-7
* Gilbert, Martin. "Atlas of the Holocaust" ISBN 0-6881-2364-3
* Gutman, Yisrael, and Berenbaum, Michael, eds. "Anatomy of the Auschwitz death camp" (1994) ISBN 0-2533-2684-2
* Hilberg, Raul. "
The Destruction of the European Jews", vol. 1-3 (2003, c1961)
* Hilberg, Raul. "Perpetrators, Victims, Bystanders: The Jewish Catastrophe 1933-1945", (1992)
* "The Holocaust Chronicle", (2001)
* Klempner, Mark. "The Heart Has Reasons: Holocaust Rescuers and Their Stories of Courage" (The Pilgrim Press, 2006) ISBN 0-8298-16992
* Lusane, Clarence . "Hitler's Black Victims: The Historical Experience of Afro-Germans, European Blacks, Africans and African Americans in the Nazi Era" (2002)
*Peukert, Detlev “The Genesis of the `Final Solution’ from the Spirit of Science” pages 234-252 from "Reevaluating the Third Reich" edited by Thomas Childers and Jane Caplan, New York: Holmes & Meier, 1994 ISBN 0-8419-1178-9.
* Ioanid, Radu. "The Holocaust in Romania: The Destruction of Jews and Gypsies Under the Antonescu Regime, 1940-1944" (2001)
* Rossel, Seymour. "The Holocaust: The World and the Jews, 1933-1945" (1992).
Schleunes, Karl A. "The Twisted Road to Auschwitz: Nazi Policy Toward German Jews, 1933-1939" (1990, c1970)
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, "Historical Atlas of the Holocaust", Macmillan Publishing (1996)
Selected survivor accounts
* Pelzman, Liliane, "And No More Sorrow, The World War II Memoirs of Sonja Kiek Rosenstein Cohen" (2008)
* Amery, Jean. "At the Mind's Limits: Contemplations by a Survivor on Auschwitz and its Realities" (1998, c1980)
* Beck, Gad. "An Underground Life: Memoirs of a Gay Jew in Nazi Berlin" (1999)
* Dittman, Anita. "Trapped in Hitler's Hell". 2005. ISBN 0972151281
* Frankl, Viktor E. "Man's Search For Meaning" (1997, c1984)
* Gutman, Israel, "Resistance : The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising" (1998)
* Heger, Heinz. "Men With the Pink Triangle: The True, Life-And-Death Story of Homosexuals in the Nazi Death Camps" (1994, c1980)
* Klemperer, Victor. "I Shall Bear Witness: A Diary of the Nazi Years", 2 vols., also published as "I Will Bear Witness" in the U.S. (2001, c1998)
* Krinitz, Esther Nisenthal. "Memories of Survival", (2005) www.artandremembrance.org
* Lengyel, Olga. "Five chimneys: the story of Auschwitz." (1985, c1947)
* Levi, Primo. "If This Is A Man" and "The Truce", published separately in the U.S. as "Survival At Auschwitz" and "The Reawakening" (1995)
* Levi, Primo. "The Drowned and The Saved" (1985)
Filip Müller. "Eyewitness Auschwitz: Three Years in the Gas Chambers at Auschwitz" (1999, c1979)
* Nomberg-Przuytyk, Sara. "Auschwitz: True Tales from a Grotesque Land" (1985)
* Nyiszli, Miklos. "Auschwitz : A Doctor's Eyewitness Account" (2001)
* Seel, Pierre. "I, Pierre Seel, Deported Homosexual: A Memoir of Nazi Terror" (1995)
Lambert, Raymond-Raoul, " Diary of a Witness, 1940-1943" (2007), Ivan R. Dee, PublisherISBN 1-56663-740-6
* Smith, Lyn, "
Forgotten Voices of the Holocaust" (2005), Ebury PressISBN 9780091898267
* Vrba, Rudolf. First published as "I Cannot Forgive" by Sidgwick and Jackson, Grove Press, 1963, ISBN 0-394-62133-6; also published as "Escape from Auschwitz: I Cannot Forgive"; latest edition "I Escaped from Auschwitz", Barricade Books, 2002, ISBN 1-56980-232-7.
* Wiesenthal, Simon and James, Harry, et al. "The Sunflower: On the Possibilities and Limits of Forgiveness" (1998, c1997)
* Zuckerman, Yitzhak. "A Surplus of Memory: Chronicle of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising" (1993)
Selected semi-autobiographical by survivors
* Pelzman, Liliane. "
And No More Sorrow" (2008)
* Borowski, Tadeusz. "
This Way to the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen" (1992, c1967)
* Fink, Ida. "A Scrap of Time and Other Stories" (1995, c1987)
* Kertész, Imre. "
Fateless" (1996, c1992)
* Spiegelman, Art. "Maus : A Survivor's Tale", volume 1: "My Father Bleeds History," volume 2: "Here My Troubles Began" (2 volumes bound in one, Comic book format; story is of author's father, a survivor, 1997, c1986-1991).
* Weil, Jiri. "Life With a Star" (1998, c1964)
* Wiesel, Elie. "Night" (1982, c1972)
* Greenfield, Hana. "Fragments of Memory" (1998, c1998)
* Arad, Yitzhak, "Belzec, Sobibor, Treblinka: The Operation Reinhard Death Camps" (1999, c1987)
* Browning Christopher R., "Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland"(1998, c1992)
* Carr, Firpo Wycoff "Germany's Black Holocaust, 1890-1945" (2003)
* Czech, Dauntua, "Auschwitz Chronicle: 1939-1945" (1999)
* Lucjan Dobroszycki (ed.), "The Chronicle of the Lodz Ghetto, 1941-1944" (1987, c1984)
* Gilbert, Martin, "Holocaust: A History of the Jews of Europe During the Second World War" (1987, c1985)
* Gutman, Israel, Berenbaum, Michael, et al. (ed.), Yehuda Bauer, Raul Hilberg, et al. (ed. bd.) "Anatomy of the Auschwitz Death Camp" (1998, c1994)
* David J. Hogan, David Aretha, eds. "The Holocaust Chronicle: A History in Words and Pictures." Lincolnwood, IL: Publications International, 2000
* Kaplan, Vivian Jeanette - "Ten Green Bottles: Nazi Occupied Vienna to Shanghai" (2004)
* Dean, Martin. "Collaboration in the Holocaust: Crimes of the Local Police in Belorussia and Ukraine, 1941-44" (1999)
* Oppenheimer, Deborah and Harris, Mark Jonathan (ed.), "Into the Arms of Strangers : Stories of the Kindertransport" (2001, c1998)
* Fings, Karola and Kenrick, Donald (ed.) "The Gypsies During the Second World War", 2 vols. (1999)
* van Pelt, Robert Jan. "The Case for Auschwitz: Evidence from the Irving Trial" (2002)
Edgar Ansel Mowrer. "Germany Puts the Clock Back" (1933)
Hypotheses and historiography
* Agamben, Giorgio . "Remnants of Auschwitz: The Witness and the Archive" (1999)
* Arendt, Hannah. "" (1994, c1963)
* Cole, Tim. "Selling the Holocaust : From Auschwitz to Schindler, How History is Bought, Packaged and Sold" (1999)
* Goldhagen, Daniel J. , "Hitler's Willing Executioners: Ordinary Germans and the Holocaust", (1997)
* Dippel, John V. H. "Bound Upon a Wheel of Fire: Why so many German Jews made the tragic decision to remain in Nazi Germany" (1996)
* Finkelstein, Norman G.. Ruth Bettina Birn, "A nation on trial: the Goldhagen thesis and historical truth" (1998)
* Leff, Laurel "Buried By The Times: The Holocaust And America's Most Important Newspaper", Cambridge University Press (2005), hardcover, 426 pages, ISBN 0-521-81287-9
* Lipstadt, Deborah. "Denying the Holocaust: The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory" (1994)
* Marrus, Michael R. "The Holocaust in History" (1989, c1987)
* Niewyk, Donald L. "Holocaust: Problems & Perspective of Interpretation" (1997, c1992)
* Novick, Peter. "The Holocaust in American Life" (1999)
* Rosenbaum, Alan S. (ed.) "Is the Holocaust Unique?: Perspectives on Comparative Genocide" (2001, c1996)
* Troncoso, Sergio. "
The Nature of Truth" (2003)
* Weiss, John. "Ideology of Death: Why the Holocaust Happened in Germany" (1997)
* Wolffsohn, Michael "Eternal Guilt? : Forty years of German-Jewish-Israeli Relations", New York : Columbia University Press, (1993) ISBN 0231082746.
* "Night and Fog", 1955, directed by
Alain Resnais, narrated by Michel Bouquet
* "Paper clips"
The Sorrow and the Pity", 1972, directed by Marcel Ophüls
* "Shoah" is a nine-hour documentary completed by
Claude Lanzmannin 1985. The film, unlike most historical documentaries, does not feature reenactments or historical photos; instead it consists of interviews with people who were involved in various ways in the Holocaust, and visits to different places they discuss. The quality of the undertaking suffers from sloppy translations.
*" [http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/camp/view/ Memory of the Camps] ", as shown by
* [http://isurvived.org Holocaust Survivors and Remembrance Project: "Forget You Not"] a Holocaust primer.
* [http://www.aegistrust.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=44&Itemid=75/ UK Holocaust Centre] Owned and run by the [http://www.aegistrust.org/ Aegis Trust] An independent international organisation dedicated to eliminating genocide
* [http://www.dinur.org/resources/resourceCategoryDisplay.aspx?categoryID=464&rsid=478 Resources > Holocaust] . The Jewish History Resource Center, Project of the Dinur Center for Research in Jewish History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
* [http://www.ushmm.org/ United States Holocaust Memorial Museum] . Includes the extensive Holocaust Encyclopedia and large collections of maps and photos, one of the most comprehensive sites.
* [http://www.yad-vashem.org.il/ Yad Vashem (Israeli Holocaust Memorial)] . Extensive archives with a searchable database of victims, extremely comprehensive
* [http://gfh.org.il/eng/ The Ghetto Fighters' House (museum and study center in Israel)] Searchable online archives on the Holocaust and Jewish resistance
* [http://www.auschwitz.dk/ The Holocaust, Crimes, Heroes And Villains] .
* [http://www.annefrank.dk The Holocaust Children]
* [http://sixthscalebattle.com/photo4.html The Holocaust "children's voices from beyond"]
* [http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/Index.html The Holocaust Chronicle] . The full 800 page book online, with photos and search features.
* [http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/holocaust/timeline/ The Holocaust Chronology (PBS)]
* [http://www.holocaust-history.org Holocaust History] , general site with large Q&A section
* [http://www.holocaustforgotten.com/ Nonjewish Holocaust victims]
* [http://www.shoaheducation.com Shoah Education Project Web- Introduction to the Holocaust]
* [http://www.wzaponline.com/Page2.html Short Stories About the Holocaust]
* [http://www.rogue-publishing.com/51st/rulison/Dachau_Concentration_Camp.htm "The Journey", by surgeon E. T. Rulison, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.] , first-hand account and photographs of the 51st Evacuation Hospital during World War II
* [http://emperors-clothes.com/croatia/stepinac1.htm The Case of Archbishop Stepinac: How the Catholic Clergy Helped Run Ustashe (i.e., Nazi) Croatia] Published by the Yugoslav Embassy, Washington, DC, 1947
* [http://www.geschichteinchronologie.ch/judentum-aktenlage/hol/6-mio-partition-GB.html Holocaust table: The partition of the 6 million figure: Holocaust with tunnel systems, bunker constructioning and Stalin deportations etc.] (neutral site with the new Gorbatchev documents included)
* [http://www.mhmc.ca/ Montreal Holocaust Memorial Center Museum]
* [http://www.holocaust-mahnmal.de/en German Government's Memorial To Jews Murdered During Holocaust]
* [http://www.buergervereinigung-landsberg.org/english/memorial/landsberg.shtml European Holocaust Memorial]
* [http://london.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1454 Imperial War Museum's Holocaust Exhibition]
* [http://www.hmh.org/ Holocaust Museum Houston]
* [http://www.flholocaustmuseum.org/ Florida Holocaust Museum]
* [http://www.va-holocaust.com Virginia Holocaust Museum]
* [http://www.holocaustcentre.net/ Beth Shalom Holocaust Centre in Newark, England]
* [http://www.gedenkdienst.org Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service]
* [http://holocausteducationcenter.org/ Holocaust Awareness Museum & Educational Center of Philadelphia; America's First Holocaust Museum]
Particular groups in the Holocaust
* [http://www.icicemac.com/edito/zappe.php3?nid=70 Africans in the Nazi Camps] . Section from Rewriting The Footnotes — Berlin and the African Diaspora, by Paulette Reed-Anderson.
* [http://www.ushmm.org/kovno/mass/coffin.htm SS-Brigadeführer Franz Walter Stahlecker's "coffin map"]
Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus.
* [http://www.tulane.edu/~so-inst/dindex.htm Deathly Silence: Everyday People in the Holocaust (By Plater Robinson)]
* [http://www.iusb.edu/~journal/2001/piasecki.html The Experiences of Jewish Women in the Holocaust]
* [http://www.chgs.umn.edu/Histories__Narratives__Documen/Roma___Sinti__Gypsies_/roma___sinti__gypsies_.html Histories, Narratives and Documents of the Roma and Sinti (Gypsies)]
* [http://www.his.com/~wormsong/esw/esw6.html Esperanto and the Holocaust]
* [http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/online/hsx/ Nazi Persecution of Gays 1933-1945]
* [http://www.uca.edu/divisions/academic/history/cahr/holocaust.htm Overlooked Millions: Non-Jewish Victims of the Holocaust]
* [http://www.hearthasreasons.com/bibliography.php Rescuers during the Holocaust]
* [http://muweb.millersville.edu/~holo-con/ Millersville University Annual Holocaust Conference]
* [http://www.ericdigests.org/1992-3/holocaust.htm "Remember Our Faces"--Teaching about the Holocaust.]
* [http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=108398 Belief in God After the Holocaust]
* [http://www.rutexcertp.php Rut Matthijsen Excerpt: A Holocaust Rescuer Discusses How the Holocaust Might Best Be Taught]
Victim information and databases
* [http://www.mtsu.edu/~baustin/jewvicts.html Breakdown of Jewish population by country, before and after WWII]
* [http://holocaust-info.dk/statistics/ Detailed breakdown of Holocaust victim statistics]
* [http://www.uwm.edu/~baugrud/helpfiles/concamps.html Info on victim tracing services]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/GerSig/holocaust.htm Links to sites listing victims and survivors from specific German communities and concentration camps]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/de-gednk.txt Info on archive of 128,000 victim records (currently under construction)]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/de-gedbr.txt Info on archive of 56,000 victim records from Berlin]
* [http://jewish-weblife.com/m1_engl.html Online searchable database of 55,000 victim records from Berlin]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/GerSig/holocaust-db.htm Links to several online searchable victim databases]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/stutthof.htm Link to searchable online victim database of 2,700 from Stutthof]
* [http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/5960/names.html Link to searchable online victim database from Augsburg]
* [http://www.juedischesbingen.de/zeitungsartikel/liste_der_ermordeten.html Link to searchable online victim database from Bingen]
* [http://www.erinnerung.org/gg/bevnam.htm Lists of people from Gerau region noted by the Nazis for being insufficiently Aryan; Nazi murder victims listed at the bottom]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/GerSig/hamburg_deportation.htm Lists of Jews sent from Hamburg, organized by concentration camp]
* [http://www.nananet.de/institut/juedischegeschichte/seiten/namena_b.html Lists of Jews sent from Hanover]
* [http://www.hagalil.com/deutschland/west/hattingen-0.htm Lists of Jews sent from Hattingen]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/GerSig/shoah_hofgeismar.htm Lists of victims from Hofgeismar, Kassel and Wolfhagen (Hessen)]
* [http://mitglied.lycos.de/ThomFried/gedenkse.htm Hohenschönhausener Victims of the Holocaust]
* [http://www.vvn-bda-kl.de/spuren/dv/opfer.html Names of 173 Jewish victims from Kaiserslautern]
* [http://ns-gedenkstaetten.de/nrw/de/krefeld/thema_3/opfer.rtf List of Krefelder Jews who died in institutes, prisons or camps, or suicide during WWII]
* [http://www.geschichtswerkstatt.de/mord/02a.html Death Lists from concentration camps near Muehldorf am Inn]
* [http://www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Nuremberg/Nuremberg.html#search Searchable list of 2300 victims from Nuremberg]
* [http://spielberg.bildung-rp.de/Todestransporx.htm List of Jews from Speyer rounded up by Nazis with notation regarding their fate]
Documentation and evidence
* [http://www.nizkor.org/ Detailed answers to Holocaust denial] from the
* [http://www.adolfhitler.ws/lib/genocide/gen.htm Documents on the Holocaust]
* [http://www.anti-rev.org Documentary Resources on the Nazi Genocide and its Denial]
* [http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/newspapers/holocaust/holocaust_e.html Canadian War Museum World War II Newspaper Archives - The Holocaust]
* [http://www.kaufering.com/ Memorial to those who suffered at the eleven Kaufering concentration camps, located in the general area of Landsberg and Kaufering, Germany.]
* [http://us.oneworld.net/section/us/perspectives/8/genocide OneWorld.net's Perspectives Magazine: Preventing Genocide (April/May 2006)] - global human rights and development network looks at genocide from a variety of perspectives
* [http://www.oskarschindler.com/ Oskar Schindler - His List Of Life]
* [http://www.tenc.net/vatican/cpixa.htm The Catholic Church and Nazism in Germany and Croatia]
* [http://www.tenc.net/vatican/hitlersp.htm 'Hitler's Pope' by John Cornwell]
* [http://www.berkeleyinternet.com/holocaust/ The Secular Word "HOLOCAUST": Scholarly Sacralization, Twentieth Century Meanings]
* [http://www.hirhome.com/israel/leaders1.htm "How the mainstream Jewish leadership failed the Jewish people in World War II"] "Historical and Investigative Research" Francisco Gil-White 2006.
* [http://www.tenc.net/comment31.htm "On the slandering of the mainstream Jewish leadership in World War II through falsified historical research"] by Jared Israel
* [http://planet.nana.co.il/eiss/gate.htm Chaim Yisroel Eiss] the man in the center of Orthodoxy's rescue activities.
In need of categorization
Liliane Pelzman. "And No More Sorrow, The World War II Memoirs of Sonja Kiek Rosenstein Cohen" (Cold Tree Press, Nashville, Tennessee, 2008) ISBN 9-781583852569
*"The Holocaust Industry Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering" by
Norman G. Finkelstein
Protest of Zofia Kossak-Szczucka"
Martin Gilbert. "The Holocaust: A History of the Jews of Europe during the Second World War" (New York, 1985) ISBN 0-8050-0348-7
* [http://www.jewishpartisans.net/"Interviews from the Underground:"Eyewitness accounts of Russia's Jewish resistance during World War II] A documentary film and website.
* [http://www.prideandpriceofremembrance.org/ "Post Holocaust Research Study focusing on Third Generation Holocaust Survivors"]
* [http://www.pbs.org/newshour/indepth_coverage/europe/auschwitz/ "Album Reveals Behind-Scenes Activities at Auschwitz "]
* [http://www.ushmm.org/research/collections/highlights/auschwitz/ "Auschwitz through the lens of the SS: Photos of Nazi leadership at the camp "]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.