- Derinda Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
Derinda Township — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Illinois County Jo Daviess Established November 2, 1852 Government – Supervisor Area – Total 37.01 sq mi (95.86 km2) – Land 36.95 sq mi (95.7 km2) – Water 0.06 sq mi (0.16 km2) 0.17% Elevation 702 ft (214 m) Population (2000) – Total 318 – Density 8.6/sq mi (3.3/km2) Time zone CST (UTC-6) – Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) ZIP codes 61028, 61041, 61074, 61085 GNIS feature ID 0428890
According to the United States Census Bureau, Derinda Township covers an area of 37.01 square miles (95.9 km2); of this, 36.95 square miles (95.7 km2) (99.83 percent) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (0.17 percent) is water.
- Woodbine Township (north)
- Stockton Township (northeast)
- Pleasant Valley Township (east)
- Woodland Township, Carroll County (southeast)
- Washington Township, Carroll County (south)
- Hanover Township (west)
- Elizabeth Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Albright/Fehler, Massbach/St. John's Evangelical Lutheran, Trinity Lutheran/Derinda Center, and Morrison/Derinda Methodist.
- River Ridge Community Unit School District 210
- Stockton Community Unit School District 206
- West Carroll Community Unit School District 314
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Derinda Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:0428890. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- Jo Daviess County official site
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois
Municipalities and communities of Jo Daviess County, Illinois Cities Villages Townships Unincorporated
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.