- Title 1 of the United States Code
Title 1 of the United States Code outlines the general provisions of the
United States Code.
:"Main: Rules of Construction"
* — Words denoting
number, gender, etc.
* — "
County" as including "parish," etc.
* — "Vessel" as including all means of water transportation.
* — "
Vehicle" as including all means of land transportation.
* — "
Company" or "association" as including successors and assigns.
* — Limitation of term "products of American fisheries."
* — Definition of "
marriage" and "spouse".
* — Enacting clause.
* — Resolving clause.
* — Enacting or resolving words after first section.
* — Numbering of sections; single proposition.
* — Title of appropriation Acts.
* — Printing bills and joint resolutions.
* — Promulgation of laws.
* — Amendments to Constitution.
Parchmentor paperfor printing enrolled bills or resolutions.
Repealof repealing act.
* — Repeal of
statutes as affecting existing liabilities.
* — Saving clause of Revised Statutes.
* — Repeals as evidence of prior effectiveness.
* — Statutes at Large; contents; admissibility in evidence.
* — United States Treaties and Other International Agreements; contents; admissibility in evidence.
* — United States international agreements; transmission to the
United States Congress.
* — "Little and Brown's" edition of laws and treaties; slip laws; Treaties and Other International Act 1 Series; admissibility in evidence.
* — Sealing of instruments.
* — Publication and distribution of Code of Laws of United States and Supplements and
District of ColumbiaCode and Supplements.
* — Preparation and publication of Codes and Supplements.
* — District of Columbia Code; preparation and publication; cumulative supplements.
* — Codes and Supplements as evidence of the laws of United States and District of Columbia; citation of Codes and Supplements.
* — Codes and Supplement; where printed; form and style; ancillaries.
* — Bills and resolutions of Committee on the Judiciary of House of Representatives; form and style; ancillaries; curtailment of copies.
* — Copies of acts and resolutions in slip form; additional number printed for Committee on the Judiciary of House of Representatives.
* — Delegation of function of Committee on the Judiciary to other agencies; printing, etc., under direction of Joint Committee on Printing.
* — Copies of Supplements to Code of Laws of United States and of District of Columbia Code and Supplements; conclusive evidence of original.
* — Distribution of Supplements to Code of Laws of United States and of District of Columbia Code and Supplements; slip and pamphlet copies.
* — Copies to Members of Congress.
* — Additional distribution at each new Congress.
* — Appropriation for preparing and editing supplements.
* [http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title1/title1.html U.S. Code Title 1] , via
United States Government Printing Office
* [http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/1 U.S. Code Title 1] , via
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.