- The Victor (comics)
"The Victor Book for Boys", also known by the nickname "The Victor", was a British comic paper published weekly by
D. C. Thomson & Co. Ltd. The Victor ran for 1657 issues from 25 January 1961until it ceased publication on 21 November 1992.
The Victor was a
story paperin comic book format. It featured many stories that could be described as "Boy's Own" adventures. In particular, each week the front cover carried a story of how a medal had been won by British or Commonwealth forces during the Great Waror the Second World War.
Alf Tupper- "The Tough of the Track"
* I Flew With Braddock - "Into Battle With Matt Braddock"
Morgyn the Mighty- "Master of Black Island"
Joe Bones the Human Fly
* Figaro - an overweight, bumbling Mexican bandit
* Hammer Man - Chell Puddock, an English
medieval knightwho wielded a hammer instead of a sword
* Gerald Cadman- A cowardly British officer who, through the efforts of his batman, always came out smelling of roses.
List of DC Thomson publications
* [http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article1963435.ece A just cause is a hero's right] - The Independent, 12 November 2006
* [http://tv.cream.org/specialassignments/topshelf/arjcom.htm Magazines, comics and papers of the near past] - TV Cream
* [http://www.victorhornetcomics.co.uk/index.html An amateur website about The Victor and The Hornet comics, featuring characters, reviews, strips.]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.