- Urlaub In Polen
Infobox musical artist
Name = Urlaub In Polen
Background = group_or_band
Cologne, NRW, Germany
Noise rock Electronica
Jan Philipp Janzen
"Urlaub In Polen" was originally formed by
Georg Brennerand Oli[Oli is a pseudonym. His true name is unknown.] , but shortly after Oli quit the project in 2000, Georg Brenner joined forces with Jan Philipp Janzencomprising the current line-up.
After having released their first recording, the eponymously titled
EP, through the German recording studio"Institut für Wohlklangforschung" in 1999, "Urlaub In Polen" signed to German noise rock-label RAKETEmusikthrough which they have now released three studio albums as well as yet another EP.
Although they are only two man on stage, "Urlaub In Polen" have built themselves a reputation as a highly energetic live band. Thus they were recognised by
Northern Europe's biggest music festival, Roskilde Festival, who put them on the bill in 2003. Live they are sometimes supported with Super 8 slide projections by Mark Witzel.
Among "Urlaub In Polen's" influences have been cited Trans Am and
Neu!, but also the influence of as varied bands as Joy Division, Dead Can Dance, The Prodigyand Kraftwerkmight be suggested in their music, which merges (post)punk-inspired noise rock, drum'n'bass-rhythms and synthesizer-driven, somewhat ambient and dreamy soundscapes into something new and unique. Roskilde Festivalput it this way [In their 2003 band presentations.] : "... The music is energetic and relaxing at the same time ... Urlaub In Polen, is highly acclaimed in Germany for their album Parsec, released [in 2002] . They are renowned for having made the most innovative and fascinating album in many years ..."
* Parsec (RKT008), RAKETEmusik/BluNoise, 2002.
* White Spot (RKT012), RAKETEmusik, 2004.
Health and Welfare(RKT020), RAKETEmusik, 2006.
* Urlaub In Polen, Institut für Wohlklangforschung, 1999. [Produced by
Gregor Hennig, a German producer, drummer, and songwriter working at Institut für Wohlklangforschung.]
Blue Car Live EP(RKT004), RAKETEmusik, 2000. [Recorded in AJZ Bahndam, Wemmelskirchenin Germany.]
* Contributed the track "Lotus" to "RAKETEsampler Vol.2" (RKT003), RAKETEmusic, 2000.
* Split 7"
limited edition-single (RKT006; 300 copies only) with German trip-hopband Dazerdoreal, RAKETEmusik, 2002.
music video, 2004. [Directed by Timo Katz] .
* [http://www.u-i-p.net/ Official website]
* [http://www.myspace.com/urlaubinpolen Urlaub In Polen] at
* [http://www.raketemusik.de RAKETEmusic]
* [http://www.indiepedia.de/index.php?title=Urlaub_In_Polen Article about Urlaub In Polen] in German [http://www.indiepedia.de Indiepedia]
* [http://www.alternativenation.de/mp3/Urlaub%20In%20Polen%20-%20Cut%20Off.mp3 MP3 of the song Cut Off] from White Spot on German
E-zine[http://www.alternativenation.de/themen/index.asp?thema=Urlaub+In+Polen Alternative Nation]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.