Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. Type Société Anonyme Traded as SIX: CFR, JSE: CFR Industry Management Founded Geneva, Switzerland 1988 Founder(s) Johann Rupert Headquarters Geneva, Switzerland Area served Worldwide Key people Johann Rupert (Chairman and CEO) Revenue €6.892 billion (2010/2011) Operating income €1.355 billion (2010/2011) Profit €1.090 billion (2010/2011) Total assets €9.693 billion (March 2011) Total equity €6.992 billion (March 2011) Employees 21,387 (average, year to March 2011) Subsidiaries Website richemont.com References: 
Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. is a Swiss luxury goods holding company founded in 1988 by the South African businessman Johann Rupert. Richemont categorizes its businesses into four areas: jewellery, watch making, writing instruments and other, which encompasses clothing and firearms. The company is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and on the JSE Securities Exchange. Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. is the eighth biggest company in the Swiss Market Index and as of 2007, it is the third-largest luxury goods company in the world by turnover, behind LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton S.A. and PPR S.A., its two main competitors in the luxury goods market.
The following companies are fully owned subsidiaries of Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. unless otherwise noted.
- A. Lange & Söhne — watches; based in Glashütte, Germany
- Alfred Dunhill, Ltd. — men's clothing, watches, leather goods; based in London, United Kingdom
- Baume et Mercier — watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Cartier — jewellery, watches; based in Paris, France
- Chloé — women's clothing; based in Paris, France
- IWC Schaffhausen — watches; based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland
- Jaeger-LeCoultre — watches; based in Le Sentier, Switzerland
- James Purdey and Sons — firearms; based in London, United Kingdom
- Lancel — leathergoods; based in Paris, France
- Manufacture Roger Dubuis S.A. — (60% ownership) watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Maison Azzedine Alaïa — women's fashions; based in Paris, France
- Montblanc International GmbH — writing instruments, watches; based in Hamburg, Germany
- Net-a-Porter Ltd. — clothing sold via the Internet; based in London, United Kingdom
- Officine Panerai — watches; based in Florence, Italy
- Piaget S.A. — jewellery, watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Shanghai Tang — men's and women's fashions; based in Hong Kong, China
- Vacheron Constantin — watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Van Cleef & Arpels S.A. — jewellery, watches; based in Paris, France
In March 2007, Richemont and Polo Ralph Lauren Inc. announced the formation of a joint venture, the Polo Ralph Lauren Watch and Jewellery Company, S.A.R.L., of which each company will own 50 percent.
- Ralph Lauren Watch and Jewelry Company, S.A.R.L. (50% ownership) watches, jewellery - based in Geneva, Switzerland
Former subsidiaries and joint ventures
- Mimi So International & Mimi So Japan - Richemont and Mimi So formed a joint venture in 2004, and in 2005 opened stores inside Mitsukoshi Nihonbashi Tokyo and in Beverly Hills CA. In 2007 Richemont sold its stake to Mimi So.
- Hackett - Richemont acquired Hackett in 1992. It was announced in early June 2005 that Richemont had sold Hackett to Torreal, a Spanish investment company.
- Reinet Investments - including Richemont's stake in British American Tobacco. It was spun off from Richemont in 2008.
- Dommisse, Ebbe; Esterhuyse, Willie (2009). Anton Rupert, A Biography. Tafelberg Publishers. ISBN 9780624048190.
- "Richemont Annual Consolidated Financial Statements 2010/2011" (PDF). Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. 2011. http://www.richemont.com/images/stories/3_Investor_Relations/3_4_Reports/AnnualPresentations/2011/consolidated_financial_statements_2011_asdf9879.pdf. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- "Our Businesses". richemont.com. Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-01-15. http://www.webcitation.org/5vlHrMoSP. Retrieved 2011-01-15. "In 2007, Compagnie Financière Richemont SA and Ralph Lauren combined their expertise to create the Ralph Lauren Watch & Jewelry Company in a joint-venture."
Brands Owned by Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. Full Ownership Partial OwnershipRoger Dubuis (60%) Joint VenturesRalph Lauren Watch and Jewelry Company (50%) Swiss Market Index companies of Switzerland
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.