Differential may refer to:
- Differential (mathematics) comprises multiple related meanings of the word, both in calculus and differential geometry, such as an infinitesimal change in the value of a function
- Differential algebra
- Differential calculus
- Differential of a function, represents a change in the linearization of a function
- Differential (infinitesimal) (e.g. dx, dy, dt etc.) are interpreted as infinitesimals
- Differential topology, in multivariable calculus, the differential of a smooth map between Euclidean spaces or differentiable manifolds is the approximating linear map between the tangent spaces, called pushforward (differential)
- Differential geometry, exterior differential, or exterior derivative, is a generalization to differential forms of the notion of differential of a function on a differentiable manifold
- Differential (coboundary), in homological algebra and algebraic topology, one of the maps of a cochain complex
- Differential cryptanalysis, a pair consisting of the difference, usually computed by XOR, between two plaintexts, and the difference of the corresponding ciphertexts
Natural sciences and engineering
- Differential (mechanical device), as part of a powertrain and car, the device that allows each of the driving wheels to rotate at different speeds
- Limited slip differential
- Electronic differential, an electric motor controller which substitutes its mechanical counterpart with significant advantages in electric vehicle application
- Differential signaling, in electronics, applies to a method of transmitting electronic signals over a pair of wires to improve noise immunity
- Semantic and structural differentials in psychology
- Quality spread differential, in finance
- Compensating differential, in labor economics
- Differential diagnosis, the characterization of the underlying cause of pathological states based on specific tests
- Differential WBC count,the enumeration of each type of white blood cells either manually or using automated analyzers
- Differential hardening, in metallurgy
- Differential rotation, in astronomy
- Differential centrifugation, in cell biology
- Differential scanning calorimetry, in materials science
- Differential signalling, in communications
- Differential GPS, in technology
- All pages beginning with "Differential"
- All pages with titles containing "Differential"
- Different (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.