- Blenheim, New Zealand
Events and points of interest
Omaka Aerodrome, south of the town centre, is the setting for the biennial
Classic FightersMarlborough airshow. The show, with a large emphasis on aircraft of World War One, has been held biannually since 2001, with the next show set to be held over the weekend of 10-12 April 2009.
2005the third meeting of the biennial Australasian Ornithological Conferenceseries, initiated and organised by the Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, and jointly sponsored by the RAOU and the Ornithological Society of New Zealand(OSNZ), was held in Blenheim.
GCSB Waihopaicommunications monitoring facility, part of the ECHELONnetwork, is situated near Blenheim.
*cite book | first=A. W. | last=Reed | title=The Reed Dictionary of New Zealand Place Names | publisher=Reed Books | location=Auckland | year=2002 | id=ISBN 0-7900-0761-4
* [http://www.destinationmarlborough.com/ Destination Marlborough]
* [http://www.marlborough.govt.nz/ Marlborough District Council]
* [http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlboroughexpress/"The Marlborough Express" daily newspaper]
* [http://www.zoomin.co.nz/nz/marlborough/blenheim/ Blenheim Street Map]
* [http://www.mbc.school.nz Marlborough Boys' College website]
* [http://www.mgc.school.nz Marlborough Girls' College website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.