nihongo|Saitama|埼玉, さいたま is an indigenous Japanese place and family name which may often refer to:
Saitama Prefectureis a prefecture of Japan in the Kantō region.
Saitama, Saitamais the capital and the most populous city of Saitama Prefecture incorporating former cities of Urawa, Ōmiya, Yono and Iwatsuki.
Kitasaitama District, Saitamaand Minami Saitama District, Saitamaare two districts in eastern Saitama prefecture.
Current place names with Sakitama include:
* Sakitama (埼玉),
Gyōda, Saitamawas a village in Kitasaitama District, Saitama Prefecture.
* Sakitama (埼玉),
Saitama was originally Sakitama which can be decomposed to saki (top, tip, head or beyond) and tama (precious stone, ball, soul or Tama Area for
Western Tokyo), which appeared in a Japanese poetry collection of the 7th and 8th century Man'yōshū. In the collection Chinese characters were used as phonetic characters ( Man'yōgana). Prounuciation Saitama appeared in the Heian period(the 9th - 12th centuries CE). The kanjis '埼' (saki: cape or promontry) and '玉' (tama: precious stone, ball) were appropriated later.
Saitama Broncosis a professional basketball club.
Saitama Seibu Lionsis a professional baseball club.
Saitama-Shintoshin Stationis a railway station located in Ōmiya-ku, Saitama.
* :ja:Kokusai Gakuin Saitama Junior College is headquartered in
* :ja:Saitama Gakuen University is headquartered in
* :ja:Saitama Institute of Technology is headquartered in
* :ja:Saitama Junior College is headquartered in
* :ja:Saitama Junshin Junior College is headquartered in
* :ja:Saitama Medical School and its affiliated Junior College are headquartered in
Saitama Prefectural Universityis headquartered in Koshigaya, Saitama.
Saitama Universityis headquartered in Sakura-ku, Saitama, Saitama.
* :ja:Saitama Women's Junior College is headquartered in
* [http://www.saitama-np.co.jp/] is a paid daily newspaper headquartered in Urawa-ku, Saitama and is serving the prefecture.
NHKSaitama FM (85.1 MHz, Chichibu relay 83.5 MHz) in Urawa-ku, Saitama serves the prefecture. It is basically a relay station of Tokyo but some programs are regularly produced locally.
Television SaitamaCo.,Ltd is the company name for a free-to-air commercial station Teletama based in Urawa-ku, Saitama and serving the prefecture.
* (Until June 2001 FM NACK5 (79.5 MHz, Chichibu relay 77.5 MHz) 's company name was nihongo|FM Saitama Co.,Ltd.|株式会社エフエム埼玉|Kabushiki-gaisha Efu-emu Saitama)
* (5618) Sakitama is an
asteroidin the major asteroid belt.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.