- Rodnay Zaks
Rodnay Zaks (born 10 February 1946,
Paris) is a prolific French-born American author of books on computer programming [ [http://www.isbn.pl/A-rodnay-zaks/ Rodnay Zaks - new and used books ] ] , including the seminal "Programming the Z80" and "Programming the 6502". He is the founder of independent computer books publisher Sybexand was its president and CEO until it was bought out by John Wiley and Sonsin May 2005.
Zaks has an engineering degree from the renowned
École Centrale Parisand a Master's degree from the University of California, Berkeley, where he also was the third person to receive a Ph.D. from the then new Computer Sciencedepartment. He started a career in training engineers and managers in the then new microprocessortechnology and subsequently founded Sybex in 1976.
Zaks has been a director of ACM's Special Interest Group on Microarchitecture (SIGMICRO) and founder of the non-profit organization
An early publication of Zaks' from
Sybexwas "A microprogrammed APL implementation" [ISBN 0895880059] which is the complete, total source listing for the microcode for a PDP / LSI-11 processor implementing the APL programming language.
* "Microprogrammed APL," R.Zaks, Fifth IEEE Computer Conference Proceedings, Sep. 1971 p 193
* "A Microprogrammed APL Implementation," R. Zaks Ph. D. Thesis, University of California, Berkeley, June 1972.
* "A Firmware APL Time Sharing System", R. Zaks D. Steingart, J. Moore, SJCC 71, AFIPS Proceedings, Vol. 38, AFIPS Press, May 1971, pp 179-180.
* "Second Euromicro Symposium on Microprocessing and Microprogramming, October 12-14, 1976, Venice : [papers] / " Euromicro Symposium on Microprocessing and Microprogramming (2nd : 1976 : Venice, Italy) | 1977. | text
* "Microcomputer architectures: Third EUROMICRO Symposium on Microprocessing and Microprogramming, October 3-6, 1977, Amsterdam : preprints / " Euromicro Symposium on Microprocessing and Microprogramming (3rd : 1977 : Amsterdam, Netherlands) | 1977. | text
* "Workshop on the microarchitecture of computer systems, June 23-25, 1975, Nice / " Workshop on the Microarchitecture of Computer Systems, Nice, 1975. | 1975. | text
* [http://www.waterside.com/speakers.html#22 Waterside Conference 11.0 Speakers]
* [http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-290554.html Sybex site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.