- Precision Air
company_slogan= Tanzania's Finest
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
key_people=Michael Ngaleku Shirima
Julius Nyerere International Airport, Kilimanjaro International Airport, Arusha Airportand Mwanza Airport
Precision Air is an
airlinebased in Dar Es Salaamin Tanzania. It operates scheduled air services for tourists and business traffic between Dar Es Salaam and 12 airports in Tanzania, together with flights to neighboring Kenyaand Uganda. Its main base is Julius Nyerere International Airport, Dar es Salaamwith hubs at Kilimanjaro International Airport, Arusha Airportand Mwanza Airport.cite news | title= Directory: World Airlines | work= Flight International| page= 65 | date= 2007-04-10]
Precision Air was established in
1991and started operations in 1994. It began as a crop sprayer, but expanded to serve the growing tourist market. Scheduled services started in November 1999in collaboration with Air Tanzania. Originally the airline was privately owned, but Kenya Airwaysacquired a 49% stake for USD 2 million weeks after its rival, South African Airways' acquisition of 49% stake in Air Tanzania.The remaining 51% was retained by Michael Ngaleku Shirima. [ [http://www.nationaudio.com/News/DailyNation/12032003/News/News1203200336.html/ KA eyes DSE, acquires Precision Air] ]
Precision Air operates the following services (at
January 2005): [ Flight International, 12-18 April 2005]
*Domestic scheduled destinations:
Bukoba, Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Musoma, Mtwara, Mwanza, Shinyanga, Taboraand Zanzibar Airport.
*International scheduled destinations:
Mombasa, Nairobiin Kenya, Entebbein Uganda, Pembain Mozambiqueand Luandain Angola.
* [http://www.precisionairtz.com/ Precision Air]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.