- Quincy High School (Massachusetts)
"This article is for the school in Massachusetts. For other schools with the same name see
Quincy High School."
Infobox Secondary school
motto = Respecting Our Differences
name = Quincy High School
established = 1924(Current Location)
Principal = Frank Santoro (Acting)
city = Quincy
type = Public School
grades = 9-12
mascot = The President's Hat or The Blue Pony
North Quincy High School
colors = Blue and White
website = [http://www.QuincyPublicSchools.com/schools/quincyhigh/main_page.shtml Quincy High School]
Quincy High School also known as QHS is a public school located on Coddington Street in Quincy,
Massachusetts. It doubles as one of two high schools in the city of Quincy and as the vocational center. The principal is Frank C. Santoro. Quincy High School was founded in the mid-nineteenth century and moved to its current location in 1924.
The school's colors are white and blue.
On July 20th 2008 a QHS Graduate, Anthony Acito, appeared on High School Musical: Get in the Picture Series as one of the contestants.
QHS is scheduled to be rebuilt. The re-construction of the school started in 2007 and is scheduled to be completed in 2010.
Quincy's academic program consists of normal academic classes as well as a vocational program.
Academic classes are offered in standard, honors, advanced, and some AP level. They include:
*Aerospace Science [ ROTC ]
*Foreign Languages (Spanish, French, Italian, Mandarin, and Latin)
*The Heritage Program
Career and Trade
Career electives are offered in subjects such as:
*Health and Human Services
Quincy High School's athletic department consists of:
Quincy is part of the Atlantic Coast League (ACL) but scheduled to change leagues for the 2008-2009 school year.
Its rival school is
North Quincy High School, who faces Quincy High in the annual Thanksgiving football game at Veteran's stadium.
Despite the aforementioned rivalry, the track, girls' hockey, swimming, and sailing teams are joined with North's.
Clubs and Organizations
*Academic Decathlon Team
*Foreign Language Honor Society
*National Honor Society
*United Nations Club
*Science Honor Society
*Bilingual Student Council
* Anthony Acito, contestant
Lauralee Summer, [ [http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2003/05/25/LV261218.DTL&type=printable San Francisco Chronicle article] ] author of "Learning Joy From Dogs Without Collars"
* Brendan Mulrooney
* [http://qhsfbclub.tripod.com Quincy High School Football Page]
* [http://www.quincypublicschools.com/schools/quincyhigh/main_page.shtml Quincy High School]
* [http://www.quincypublicschools.com Quincy Public Schools]
* [http://www.quincypublicschools.com/schools/quincyhigh/main_page2.shtml#clubs Quincy High School Clubs and Athletics]
* [http://quincy.ma.schoolwebpages.com/education/projects/projects.php?sectionid=550 Quincy High School Drama]
* [http://eteamz.active.com/quincycheer/index.cfm? Quincy High School Cheerleading]
* [http://www.buscher.freeservers.com/qnq1.htm Quincy/North Girls' Hockey]
* [http://hyper-robotics.net/sponsors.html Quincy/ North Quincy Robotics Team]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.