- NRL Rugby League 2
NRL Rugby League 2 Developer(s) Sidhe Publisher(s) Tru Blu Entertainment Platform(s) PlayStation 2, Xbox, Microsoft Windows Release date(s) December 9, 2005 Genre(s) Sports Mode(s) Single player, multiplayer Rating(s) CERO: All ages
The title was developed by New Zealand company Sidhe and published in Australasia by Tru Blu Entertainment and in Europe by Alternative Software. New Zealand Warriors captain Steve Price is featured on the cover. The United Kingdom release features former St Helens captain Paul Sculthorpe on the cover.
- PlayStation 2/Microsoft Windows
- Online multiplayer, allowing two players to play against each other in either a friendly match or a competitive "ranked" mode.
- More teams and players, with updated statistics and team strips.
- 40 Stadiums.
- Brand new gameplay features, including ball-stripping and pass-to-playmaker controls.
- Multi-year franchise mode, manage team finances.
- Massively upgraded graphics engine, allowing for more than 500 players.
- Motion-captured animation from Weta Digital.
- Highly customizable gameplay experience, with sliders and content editors that allow for considerable adjustment.
- Multiple save-slots available in Franchise and Competition modes.
- Shoulder-barge, fend and sidestep controls additionally on right thumbstick.
- Pause function disabled during ranked matches to prevent player exploiting this feature.
- Autosave available in Competition and Franchise modes.
- Graphical tweaks to improve the overall look and realism of the game.
- Improvements to management of custom and customized players and teams.
- New Zealand perform the Haka.
- Instant Action
Jump straight into a game with random teams, pausing only to decide which team you want to play
- Single Game
Set all the details (such as teams, weather, stadium - etc.) before jumping into a one-off friendly match
Take part in a full season of a popular competition or make up your own - includes multiplayer support, with the ability to play as 1 to all of the teams in the contest
- Franchise Mode
Ten years back-to-back, with off-field management, player trading and representative competition spicing up the action
Both friendly (no consequence) and ranked modes, allowing head-to-head multiplayer over the internet
Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition
Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition Developer(s) Sidhe Interactive Publisher(s) Tru Blu Entertainment Platform(s) PlayStation 2 Release date(s)
- AUS November 6, 2008
Genre(s) Sports Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer Rating(s)
- ACB: G
Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition, a content update, was released exclusively on PlayStation 2 on 6 November 2008. It is available primarily in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Limited quantities of the game are also available in other PAL territories.
- ^ "Rugby League 2 World Cup Edition Release Date". http://www.gamesman.co.nz/product.php?id=9922.
- ^ "Rugby League 2 World Cup Edition Info". http://au.playstation.com/news/rleague2news.jhtml;jsessionid=W0GIQRIBC05ITS3YIXZCFE4LXBC5GIV0.
NRL Rugby League series Main series Other games Developers
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.