- Fair Isaac
name = Fair Isaac Corporation
foundation = 1956
key_people = Dr.
Mark N GreeneCEO
num_employees = 3,000 (2006)
slogan = "It's just a smarter way to do business"
FICO score, Blaze Advisor, Triad, Capstone, Falcon, SmartAdvisor
homepage = [http://www.fairisaac.com www.fairisaac.com]
Fair Isaac Corporation (NYSE|FIC), founded in 1956 by engineer
Bill Fairand mathematician Earl Isaac, provides consulting services and enterprise decision management systems. They developed the FICO scores, a measure of credit risk, that are the most used credit scores in the world. FICO scores are available through all of the major consumer reporting agencies in the United Statesand Canada: Equifax, Experian, TransUnionand PRBC [ [http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071114/20071114005434.html?.v=1 Fair Isaac and PRBC Team Up to Enhance Credit Risk Tools Used by Mortgage Industry] , "Yahoo! Finance", November 14, 2007.] . (FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation).
Fair Isaac is based in
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A., and has offices in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. The company employs about 3,000 people (2006) and earned revenue of about $800 million in 2005.
Fair Isaac's client list covers more than 1,400 financial-service providers, including 99 of the top 100 U.S. banks and 49 of the top 50 global banks.Fact|date=August 2007 More than 200 retailers, including nine of the top 10 retail card issuers in the U.S.Fact|date=August 2007 use Fair Isaac retail management software. Fair Isaac serves more than 100 telecommunications providers worldwide, including the top 10 U.S. wireless providers and six of the world's top 10 telecommunications service providers.Fact|date=August 2007
* 1958: Fair Isaac starts building credit scoring systems.
* 1970: First credit card scoring system delivered.
* 1975: First behavior scoring system to predict credit risk related to existing customers.
* 1981: Introduction of Fair Isaac credit bureau scores.
* 1986: IPO, stock listed at
* 1991: Introduction of TRIAD, a credit card management system.
* 1996: Stock moves from NASDAQ to
* 1997: The
American Bankers Associationhonors Bill Fair and Earl Isaac with Distinguished Service Award for their pioneering work in credit scoring.
* 2002: Merger with HNC Software, Inc., adding fraud detection to their arsenal with the $100 million Falcon product line and strengthening their analytics offerings in the insurance and telecommunications markets.
* 2003: Fair, Isaac and Company is renamed Fair Isaac Corporation.
* 2004: Acquisition of London Bridge Software, expanding services to credit collections and recovery software. Opens a new analytic consulting and product development center in
Bangalore, Indiatargeted primarily at Asia Pacific markets.
* 2005: Acquisition of RulesPower, bringing Rete III algorithm to Blaze Advisor.
* 2006: Celebrates 50th anniversary.
Mark N Greene: Chief Executive Officer
Charles M Osborne: Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Michael H Campbell: Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
Tracey H Stout: Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
*Andrew Jennings: Vice President, Research
Larry E Rosenberger: Fellow of Fair Isaac
Richard A Stewart: Vice President, Professional Services
Richard S Deal: Vice President, Human Resources
John D Emerick Jr.: Vice President, Corporate Development and Treasurer
Michael (Mike) J Pung: Vice President, Finance
Mark R Scadina: Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
* [http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/13/13357.html Yahoo! - Fair Isaac Corporation Company Profile]
* [http://www.fairisaac.com fairisaac.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.