In the sense of combination
- Synthetic position, a concept in finance
- Analytic–synthetic distinction, a concept in philosophy
- Synthetic language, a language type that often uses several small pieces of words to form new words
In the sense of artificial
- Synthetic fiber, a fiber not made from natural (animal, plant) materials
- Synthetic intelligence, a view that the intelligence of computing machines is not an imitation or in any way artificial. See also artificial intelligence.
- Synthetic or constructed language, such as Esperanto
- Synthetic music, produced by a synthesizer, a machine to create artificial sound and music
- Synthetic chord in music theory
- Synthetic person or legal personality, characteristic of a non-human entity regarded by law as having the status of a person
- Synthetic elements, chemical elements that naturally occur rarely or never on Earth and therefore have to be created in experiments
- Synthetic data, are any data applicable to a given situation that are not obtained by direct measurement or from live system as described in Synthetic data; terminology used in testing of software applications
In the sense of both
- Synthetic chemical or synthetic compress, produced by the process of chemical synthesis
- Synthetic organic compounds are tens of thousands of synthetic chemical compounds, all containing carbon, that are extremely useful, including medicines, rubbers, plastics, refrigerants. They may also act as manmade contaminants in water, in air, or in solid substances.
- Synthetic fuel
- Synthetic oil
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.