- Bourbonese Qualk
Infobox musical artist
Name = Bourbonese Qualk
Img_capt = Miles Miles
Img_size = 220px
Years_active = 1980 – 2003
Bourbonese Qualk are an
Experimental Musicgroup which existed from 1980 to 2003.
Bourbonese Qualk's credentials as early and important contributors to the Industrial scene is born out by their presence on the seminal Elephant Table compilation from 1983. Up until 1987, they were essentially a collaborative effort of two individuals: Simon Crab and Steven Tanza. In 1987, Crab and Tanza went their separate ways. Tanza's project since then has been called The State.Crab maintained the Bourbonese Qualk name. Crab, who had for years played virtually all instruments/electronics beyond percussion, left guitar work to Miles Miles and focused more and more on a large electronic sound, still recognizably
funk-beat driven as was much of their earlier music.
With Miles Miles' death in 2002, the members disbanded.
* Laughing Afternoon LP (
* Hope LP (Recloose Organization 1984)
* The Spike LP (Dossier 1985)
* Preparing For Power LP (
* Bourbonese Qualk LP (New International Recordings 1987)
* My Government is My Soul LP/CD (Fünfundvierzig 1990)
* Bo'Qu LP (New International Recordings 1990)
* Kneejerk Reaction EP (Praxis 1992)
* Qual EP (Praxis 1992)
* UnPop CD (Total F.I. 1993)
* Feeding the Hungry Ghost CD (Fünfundvierzig 1994)
* Autonomia CD (Praxis 1994)
* On Uncertainty (2000)
* Moscow (2002)
* [http://bourbonesequalk.net/ Official archive of Bourbonese Qualk]
* [http://crab.wordpress.com/ Crab's blog]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.