- Seventeen (magazine)
title = Seventeen
image_size = 150px
image_caption = The August 2005 cover of "Seventeen",
language = English
category = Teen
frequency = 10 issues per year
editor_title = Editor
country = flag|United States
website = [http://www.seventeen.com Seventeen.com]
issn = 0037-301X
January 2007, Ann Shoketis the editor in chief. She was formerly executive editorof CosmoGIRL!since October 2003. She replaced Atoosa Rubenstein, who left in November 2006, after the departure of nine editors in September 2006. [ [http://www.wwd.com/breakingnews/111719 Shoket Named Seventeen Editor in Chief] ] [ [http://www.nypost.com/seven/09222006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm SEVENTEEN magazine's editor-in-chief, Atoosa Rubenstein, is starting to make fearsome Bonnie Fuller look tame. ] ]
The content of "Seventeen" includes information and advice about fashion and trends, celebrities, beauty – skincare, hair and make-up – and lifestyles. It also has a health section about nutrition and exercise, a sex and body section, and quizzes and horoscopes. The article length is kept deliberately brief, high quality photographs emphasize regular celebrity and clothing themes and it is well supported by advertising keen to reach the big-spending demographic of fourteen- to early-twenty-year-olds. Originally, it was geared towards seventeen-year-olds, but since then has been trying to hit a wider demographic without toning down the content.
* The South African edition of seventeen magazine is published by 8 Ink Media based in Cape Town. The editor is Khwezi Magwaza.
* The Philippine version is published by
HispanicAmerican edition is published by Editorial Televisa.
* The Indian edition is published by
Apricot Publications Pvt. Ltdin Mumbai.
* The Malaysian version of Seventeen is published by Bluinc Media.
"Seventeen" in other media
As a promotion for the magazine, "Seventeen" partnered with
MTVto create a reality showcontest called " Miss Seventeen" that was broadcast from October 2005to December 2005on the MTV network, which only ran it for one season. Terrez was announced as the newst member of "Miss Seventeen".
"America's Next Top Model"
The winners of "
America's Next Top Model" from cycles 7-10 have each graced a cover of Seventeen magazine including Caridee English, Jaslene Gonzalez, Saleisha Stowers, and Whitney Thompsonrespectively.
The editors at Seventeen magazine write a weekly advice column called "Dear Seventeen" for
King Features Syndicate, advising young girls who write in needing advice on subjects ranging from body image, and everyday awkward experiences.
* [http://www.seventeen.com Official website]
* [http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/miss_17/series.jhtml Miss Seventeen website]
* [http://www.gawker.com/news/seventeen/ Seventeen news at Gawker.com]
* [http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43899896 Seventeen on Myspace]
* [http://www.seventeen.co.za seventeen in South Africa]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.