company_name = Fermentek Biotechnology Ltd.
company_type = Private
Yosef Behrend, CEO
industry = Biotechnology
products = Special bioactive compounds for research
divisions = R&D, Microbiology, Chemistry, Natural products
homepage = [http://www.fermentek.co.il/01-about.htm http://www.fermentek.co.il/01-about.htm ]
Fermentek Ltd. is a biotechnological company, located in
Jerusalem, Israel, specializing in the research, development and manufacture of biologically active, natural products isolated from microorganisms as well as from other natural sources such as plants and algae.
Fermentek operates fermentors from 10 to 15000 liters, filter press and centrifuges of corresponding capacity. According to the company policy as declared at its official website, Fermentek uses only the "Classical" biotechnology approach. This means that only genetically unmodified natural microbial strains are employed, and no attempt is made to achieve mutants, neither random nor targeted.
Aflatoxin, Cytochalasin, Fumonisins, Gliotoxin, Penicillic acid, Zearalenone, Tentoxin, Deoxynivalenol, Citrinin, T2 toxin, HT2 toxin, Tentoxin, Moniliformin,
Tacrolimus, Sirolimus, Ascomycin, Myriocin
Valinomycin, Nonactin, Ionomycin
*Special antibiotics and molecular biology reagents.
Anisomycin, thiolutin, wortmannin, K252a, Staurosporine, Bafilomycin, Alamethicin, Leptomycin, A23187, Chelerythrine, Oligomycin, Trichostatin A,
*Experimental drugs and drug precursors:
Parthenolide, Puromycin, Rapamycin, Anisomycin, Thapsigargin, cyclopamine, Thiostrepton, Staurosporine, Midostaurine, Geldanamycinand its derivates: [http://www.fermentek.co.il/17dmag.htm 17dmag] , [http://www.fermentek.co.il/17aag.htm 17aag] .
* [http://www.fermentek.co.il Official website]
* [http://www.fermentek.co.il/05-products.htm Product list]
* [http://www.biojerusalem.org.il/database_company.asp?ID=28 BIOJERUSALEM] , An initiative of the Jerusalem Development Authority...
* [http://www.matimop.org.il/newrdinf/company/c2392.htm MatiMOP] , MATIMOP - the Israeli Industry Center for R&D ...
* [http://www.tamas.gov.il/cmstamat/chemicalscatalog.aspx Israeli Ministry of Industry] , Chemical Authority
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.