Singularity may refer to any of a variety of concepts.
Mathematical singularity, a point at which a given mathematical object is not defined
In complex analysis:
Essential singularity, a singularity near which a function exhibits extreme behavior
Isolated singularity, a mathematical singularity that has no other singularities close to it
Movable singularity, a concept in singularity theory
Removable singularity, a point at which a function is not defined but at which it can be so defined that it is continuous at the singularity
In algebraic geometry:
Singular point of an algebraic variety, a point where an algebraic variety is not locally flat
Rational singularity, a concept in singularity theory
Singularity theory, which deals with these concepts
Gravitational singularity, a point in spacetime in which gravitational forces cause matter to have an infinite density and zero volume
Mechanical singularity, a position or configuration of a mechanism or a machine where the subsequent behaviour cannot be predicted
Prandtl-Glauert singularity, the point at which a sudden drop in air pressure occurs
Singularity (climate), a weather phenomenon associated with a specific calendar date
Technological singularity, a theoretical point in the development of a technological civilization
* "Singularity" (Enterprise episode), a second season episode of "Star Trek: Enterprise"
* "Singularity" (Stargate SG-1 episode), a first season episode of "Stargate SG-1"
Singularity (operating system), an operating system developed by Microsoft Research written in managed code.
* "Singularity" (Doctor Who audio), a "Doctor Who" audio drama
* "Singularity" (William Sleator novel), a 1985 science-fiction novel by William Sleator
* "Singularity" (novel), a novel by Bill DeSmedt published by Per Aspera Press in 2004
Singularity (album), Mae's third studio album.
* Singularity 7, a graphic novel by Ben Templesmith.
Singularity (video game), a video game developed by Raven Software.
* "The Singularity is Near" (non-fiction), a 2005 non-fiction book by Ray Kurzweil
* , an
artificial intelligencestrategy game for Linux
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.