- Marsha Collier
Marsha Collier at iCitizen in March 2008
Born December 4 Occupation Author, Radio Host
Marsha Collier (Born in New York, New York) is a well-known author, radio personality (on the Internet and KTRB 860 AM San Francisco) and educator specializing in technology and training individuals how to use and make money on eBay and online.
She is one of the foremost eBay experts and educators in the world. With over 1 million copies of her books in print (special editions for the UK, Germany, France, Canada, Australia, Chinese - and an edition in Spanish), she is the top selling eBay author. Among her books, eBay For Dummies is the best selling book for eBay worldwide while eBay Business All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is the best selling title on operating an eBay business. "Starting an eBay Business For Dummies" appeared on the BusinessWeek Magazine Best Seller list for many weeks. Marsha shares her eBay business expertise in streaming video at Entrepreneur.com’s “Entrepreneur’s Coaches Corner” and is Entrepreneur.com’s online eBay columnist. She's also a featured lecturer at eBay’s “eBay University” training events and their yearly eBay Live conference.
Before her eBay career began, Marsha owned and operated her own marketing and advertising firm, The Collier Company, and won numerous awards including “Small Businessperson of the Year” accolades from several organizations. Marsha got started on eBay during the site’s early years and became one of the site’s first successful sellers. She used the money she made on eBay to put her daughter through private school and college. She is currently an eBay PowerSeller and a member of the Professional eBay Sellers Alliance (PESA).
Her reputation as an eBay expert was established with the publication of the first edition of eBay For Dummies in 1999 (the first un-official book on eBay). She co-authored that edition with Roland Woerner and Stephanie Becker and became sole author on the second edition. In 2001, Marsha authored the first book targeting individuals interested in making eBay their full time profession, Starting an eBay Business For Dummies.
Along with writing, Marsha has built a reputation as an eBay trainer and perhaps the most recognized eBay spokesperson that is not an eBay employee. She was a lead instructor at numerous stops on eBay’s “eBay University” tour as well as at the eBay’s annual “eBay Live” conference. Marsha made her debut as a DVD trainer on the eBay University Business Builders Workshop Home Study Kit, a product created in partnership with Auction Advisor and eBay.
In December 2005, Marsha hosted the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) Public television program Making Your Fortune Online, a complete guide to starting and operating an online business. The two hour program, shot in front of a live studio audience in San Francisco, was a full seminar on conceiving a business idea, finding products or services to sell, finding the best sites for your products, and understanding the legal, operational and tax issues related to having a successful online business.
In 2008, Marsha was named one of twenty iCitizens in the book, The Open Brand: When Push Comes to Pull in a Web-Made World by Kelly Mooney. The iCitizen is the embodiment of an idea, a brand, a lifestyle, a movement. These change agents can accrue tremendous credibility, making them valuable to marketers seeking reliable and charismatic spokespersons or sponsorship platforms. Marsha also gives keynote talks at e-commerce driven events as at Online Market World 2008 in San Francisco. More recently at PayPalX Developer's Conference in November 2009, October 2010.
Currently, Marsha is expanding her online presence. She is examining social media as a way for online sellers to better connect with their customers and provide better customer service. She spoke at the 140 Character Conference London,
- 140 Character NOW Award 2009  for her connecting to her readers on Twitter.
- The 100 Most Powerful Women On Twitter 2010 
- Los Angeles Tech Scene: Top 10 LA Tech & Twitter Voices 2010 
- unGeeked Elite 2010 
- webcomMONTREAL 
Marsha is on the Board of Advisors for Buysafe, a bonding service for online sellers; and the Advisory Council for STELLAService, the first and only company dedicated to providing independent, comprehensive customer service ratings on the customer service quality of online retailers.
Marsha hosts a weekly Radio Show along with co-host Marc Cohen. Computer and Technology Radio with Marc and Marsha. The show can be heard live at WsRadio.com on Saturdays from Noon to 2 pm PST. Archives of the show are available on the site and on iTunes (search Computer and Technology Radio).
- The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with your Customers to Sell More 2011
- Twitter and Facebook For Seniors For Dummies 2010
- eBay For Seniors For Dummies 2009
- eBay Business All-in-One For Dummies 2006, 2009
- eBay For Dummies 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011
- Making Money on Ebay For Dummies (Pocket Edition) 2009
- eBay PowerSeller Business Practices For Dummies 2008
- eBay Timesaving Techniques For Dummies 2004
- eBay Listings That Sell For Dummies 2006
- Starting an eBay Business For Dummies 2001, 2004, 2011
- Starting an E-Bay Business for Dummies (Playaway Audio) 2009
- eBay Business All-in-One for Dummies 2006, 2007, 2009
- PayPal For Dummies (forward) 2005
- eBay Bargain Shopping For Dummies 2003
- Santa Shops on eBay 2006
- eBay Para Dummies (Spanish) 2004
- eBay-Schnappchen Fur Dummies (German) 2004
- Mein eBay-Shop (German) 2005
- 开创你的eBay商务 玛莎•科莉尔，，，美国 (Chinese) 2007
- eBay Pour Les Nuls (French) 2006
- eBay Per Negati (Italian) 2008
- eBay For Dummies adapted for Australia 2006
- eBay For Canadians For Dummies 2006, 2008
- Starting an eBay Business For Canadians For Dummies 2006, 2008
- eBay.co.uk For Dummies 2006, 2008
- Starting a Business on eBay.co.uk for Dummies 2006, 2008
- eBay.co.uk Business All-in-One for Dummies 2009
- The Internet GigaBook For Dummies (Co-Author) 2004
- ^ John Wiley & Sons, www.wiley.com 2007
- ^ www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_05/b3818034.htm
- ^ http://www.ebay.com/university
- ^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Marsha_Collier_-_iCitizen_2008.jpg
- ^ www.onlinemarketworld.com
- ^ http://london.140conf.com/
- ^ http://www.tinker.com/event/Tinker/140_character_conference_now_awards/
- ^ http://twittergrader.com/top/women
- ^ http://www.ranker.com/list/los-angeles-tech-scene-top-10-la-tech-and-twitter-voices/bestoftwitter?page=2&format=blogstyle_view
- ^ http://www.ungeekedelite.com/
- ^ http://www.webcom-world.com/view_conferencier.html?prosp_number=20100904HGOW70&r=r
- ^ http://buysafe.com/about_us/board_of_advisors.html
- ^ http://www.stellaservice.com/index.php/about-us/our-team/advisory-council.html
- ^ Computer and Technology Radio, http://www.computerandtechnologyradio.com
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.