- Carnes, Mississippi
Carnes is a small unincorporated town in southern Forrest County,
Mississippi, United States. It is part of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Carnes was settled in 1905 and was originally named Helena. Its name was changed to Carnes in honor of John Carnes, an early settler.
Skull Fork, a community near Carnes, was so named after a fight that occurred at a fork in the road there. In this fight, one of the participants had his skull broken with a
whiskeybottle by his opponent.
Carnes is served by the Forrest County Public School System.
* [http://www.fcahs.k12.ms.us/ Forrest County Agricultural High School]
* [http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/113/113367.html Florida Gas Transmission Company] - transports
natural gasto over 240 delivery points through a 5,000-mile pipeline that extends from Texasto Florida
Places of worship
* Sandhill Church
* J.E. Bounds Memorial Cemetery
* Mill Creek Cemetery
* [http://cfpub1.epa.gov/surf/huc.cfm?huc_code=03170007 Black Creek Watershed]
* [http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ms/forrest/cemeteries/millcrk.txt Transcription of tombstones in Mill Creek Cemetery]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.