- Personality disorder not otherwise specified
Personality disorder, unspecified Classification and external resources ICD-10 F60.9 ICD-9 301.9 Personality
Cluster A (odd) Paranoid · Schizoid
Cluster B (dramatic) Antisocial · Borderline
Histrionic · Narcissistic
Cluster C (anxious) Avoidant · Dependent
Not specified Depressive
Sadistic · Self-defeating
v · Axis II personality disorder.
Diagnostic criteria (DSM-IV-TR = 301.9)
This diagnosis may be given when no other personality disorder defined in the DSM fits the patient's symptoms.
Four personality disorders were excluded from the main body of the latest version of the DSM (DSM-IV-TR) but this diagnosis may be used instead. The four personality disorders are:
- Sadistic personality disorder
- Self-defeating personality disorder
- Depressive personality disorder
- Passive–aggressive personality disorder
It is a requirement of DSM-IV that a diagnosis of any personality disorder also satisfies a set of general personality disorder criteria.
Diagnostic criteria (ICD-10)
The World Health Organization's ICD-10 defines a conceptually similar disorder to "personality disorder not otherwise specified" called (F60.9) Personality disorder, unspecified.
It is a requirement of ICD-10 that a diagnosis of any personality disorder also satisfies a set of general personality disorder criteria.
In one study, PDNOS was found to be the third most frequent personality disorder diagnosis.
- DSM-IV codes (personality disorders)
- ICD-10 codes (personality disorders)
- Eating disorder not otherwise specified
- Mood Disorder Not Otherwise Specified
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified
- ^ Verheul R, Bartak A, Widiger T (August 2007). "Prevalence and construct validity of Personality Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (PDNOS)". J. Pers. Disord. 21 (4): 359–70. doi:10.1521/pedi.2007.21.4.359. PMID 17685833. http://www.atypon-link.com/doi/abs/10.1521/pedi.2007.21.4.359.
- ^ Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fourth edition Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR) American Psychiatric Association (2000)
- ^ Wilberg T, Hummelen B, Pedersen G, Karterud S (2008). "A study of patients with personality disorder not otherwise specified". Compr Psychiatry 49 (5): 460–8. doi:10.1016/j.comppsych.2007.12.008. PMID 18702931. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0010-440X(08)00029-1.
v · d · eDSM personality disorders DSM-III-R only DSM-IVPersonality disorder not otherwise specified v · d · eICD-10 personality disorders Schizotypal SpecificAnankastic · Anxious (avoidant) · Dependent · Dissocial · Emotionally unstable · Histrionic · Paranoid · Schizoid ·Eccentric · Haltlose type · Immature · Narcissistic · Passive-aggressive · Psychoneurotic UnspecifiedUnspecified Mixed and otherCategories:
- Personality disorders
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
18+© Academic, 2000-2023
Eating disorder not otherwise specified — Classification and external resources ICD 10 F50.9 ICD 9 307.50 Eating di … Wikipedia
Personality disorder — Classification and external resources ICD 10 F60 ICD 9 301.9 … Wikipedia
Self-defeating personality disorder — Personality disorders Cluster A (odd) Paranoid · Schizoid Schizotypal … Wikipedia
Antisocial personality disorder — Not to be confused with Anti social behaviour, Avoidant personality disorder, Schizoid personality disorder, or Dissociative identity disorder. Antisocial personality disorder Classification and external resources ICD 10 F60.2 … Wikipedia
Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder — Not to be confused with Obsessive–compulsive disorder. Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder Classification and external resources ICD 10 F60.5 ICD 9 … Wikipedia
Depressive personality disorder — (also known as melancholic personality disorder) is a controversial psychiatric diagnosis that denotes a personality disorder with depressive features. Originally included in the American Psychiatric Association s DSM II, depressive personality… … Wikipedia
Borderline personality disorder — Classification and external resources ICD 10 F60.3 ICD 9 301.83 … Wikipedia
Dependent personality disorder — Classification and external resources ICD 10 F60.7 ICD 9 301.6 … Wikipedia
Narcissistic personality disorder — See also: Narcissism and Malignant narcissism Narcissistic personality disorder Classification and external resources Narcissus by Caravaggio. Narcissus gazing at his own ref … Wikipedia
Multiple complex developmental disorder — Not to be confused with Multisystem developmental disorder. Multiple complex developmental disorder is a research category, proposed to involve several neurological and psychological symptoms where at least some symptoms are first noticed during… … Wikipedia
Dictionaries export, created on PHP, Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, MODx.
- Contact us: Technical Support, Advertising
Share the article and excerpts
Direct link… Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”
Personality disorder not otherwise specified
- Personality disorder not otherwise specified
Personality disorder, unspecified Classification and external resources ICD-10 F60.9 ICD-9 301.9