- Orion New Zealand Limited
Orion Industry Electricity distribution Predecessor Southpower Founded December 1998 Headquarters Christchurch, New Zealand Key people Geoff Vazey, acting CEO Website www.oriongroup.co.nz
The company was formed under its current name in December 1998. Orion is owned by Christchurch City Council (89%) and Selwyn District Council (11%). In 2009, Orion posted a $50m profit, with $44m in dividends going to the shareholding councils.
Orion has over 14,000 km of lines and cables, delivering 3,325 GWh pa to 186,000 customer connections. Its last CEO was Roger Sutton, who resigned to become CEO of the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority on 13 June 2011.
- Connetics Limited, electrical contracting business
- ^ "Contact details". Orion New Zealand Limited. http://www.oriongroup.co.nz/contact-us/contact-details.aspx.
- ^ "Company history". Orion New Zealand Limited. http://www.oriongroup.co.nz/company-profile/company-history.aspx.
- ^ "Company profile". Orion New Zealand Limited. http://www.oriongroup.co.nz/company-profile.aspx.
- ^ "Orion profit $49.9m". The New Zealand Herald. 16 July 2009. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/electricity/news/article.cfm?c_id=187&objectid=10584722.
- ^ "Information Sheet". Orion NZ. http://www.oriongroup.co.nz/downloads/orion_infosheet.pdf.
- ^ "Roger Sutton appointed quake recovery czar". Stuff. 12 May 2011. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4995119/Roger-Sutton-appointed-quake-recovery-czar. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- ^ "Connetics". Connetics Limited. http://www.connetics.co.nz/.
Electricity companies in New Zealand Generation Transmission Distribution Retail
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.