- Nesimi (film)
Nesimi Directed by Hasan Seyidbeyli Produced by Azerbaijanfilm Written by Isa Huseynov Starring Rasim Balayev
Music by Tofig Guliyev Editing by Tamara Narinbeyova Release date(s) 1973 Running time 96 min. Country Azerbaijan Language Azeri, Russian
Nesimi (Azerbaijani: Nəsimi) is a full-length Azerbaijani film shot in Baku, Absheron, Gobustan, Nakhichevan, Shamakhi (Azerbaijan), Bukhara, Samarkand (Uzbekistan), Halab, Damascus (Syria) in 1973. Screenplay was written by Isa Huseynov. Directed by Hasan Seyibbeyli, this film is in history drama genre depicting the life of a prominent Azerbaijani philosopher and poet, Imadaddin Nasimi. The film is considered as one of the best Azerbaijani movies in historical genre produced in during Soviet times. After this debut in a big movie, the actor in the leading role, Rasim Balayev became a notable actor after this movie.
The film is a biographical true story about life of Imadaddin Nasimi, well-known throughout the East for his school of philosophy and thought, poems and promotion of moral values in a feudal society. During the 14th-15th centuries, when Azerbaijan was a stage for warring powers and civil wars, Nasimi was the only poet committed to promotion of humanism and moral values inflicting criticism on the ruling system and the society itself. For his intruding role in feudal regimes, Nasimi lived a complex and tragic life. At the end of the film, Nasimi is killed in front of masses as his skin is pealed off while alive.
- Rasim Balayev - Nesimi
- Ismayil Osmanli - Naimi
- Khalida Guliyeva - Fatma
- Kamal Khudaverdiyev - Yusif
- Almaz Asgarova - Shams
In 1974, during 7th Soviet film festival in Baku, the film was awarded with Prime Award for Best Historical Film; Rasim Balayev in the leading role was awarded with Best Actor award.
- ^ "Bakýda Ýmadəddin Nəsiminin yaradýcýlýðýna həsr olunan II Beynəlxalq Nəsimi Elmi Konfransý". http://azfreespeech.az/news/742-bak305da-304mad601ddin-n601siminin.html. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- ^ Sariyeva, Irada. "Tarixi filmlərimiz yenidən çəkilə bilərmi?". Baki Xabar (Baku). http://www.baki-xeber.com/new/2009/11/11/anons=129. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- ^ "Rasim Balayev komediya janrýnda özünü görmür". kultur.az (Baku). 12 December 2007. http://kultaz.com/2007/12/12/rasim-balayev-komediya-janrinda-ozunu-gormur/. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
Films A-Z • Films by year: 1898-1919 • 1920s • 1930s • 1940s • 1950s • 1960s • 1970s • 1980s • 1990s • 2000s
Actors • Directors • Cinematographers • Score composersCategories:
- Soviet-era Azerbaijanian films
- 1973 films
- 1970s drama films
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.