- Natalia Korolevska
Наталія Юріївна Королевська
Natalia Korolevska and Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko in the Verkhovna Rada (June 3, 2008) People's Deputy of Ukraine Incumbent Assumed office
25 May 2006
Personal details Born 18 May 1975
Krasnyi Luch, Ukrainian SSR
Nationality Ukrainian Political party All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland" as part of the Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc Spouse(s) Yuriy Solodom Children 2 sons Residence Kiev, Ukraine Alma mater East Ukraine Volodymyr Dahl National University and Donetsk State Academy of Management Occupation Politician Profession Manager Religion Ukrainian Orthodox Website www.korolevskaya.com.ua
Korolevska was born in the former USSR in 1975, her father was a miner, her mother a teacher. Korolevska graduated from the East Ukraine Volodymyr Dahl National University in 1997 and the Donetsk State Academy of Management in 2002 (speciality "Manager of organizations"). From 1992 Korolevska worked in several management functions, earning a "Leader of middle business" award in 2004.
From 2002 until 2006 Korolevska was a deputy of the Luhansk regional parliament. During the Presidential election 2004 she supported Victor Yanukovich. Korolevska became a member of All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland" (a part of Bloc Yulia Tymoshenko) in autumn 2005 because "she is sure that the block of Yulia Tymoshenko is the future". Korolevska decided to enter national politics: "I knew the most complex problems of the Donbass and sincerely wanted to solve them, but saw and understood that it is impossible to do at the level of the regional council. It is in this spirit that I arrived in the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian parliament) in 2006. Disappointment came quickly enough: it seems that everyone here is well aware of the difficulties, but nobody makes an attempt resolve them and to help the people." During the 2006 and 2007 parliamentary elections, she was elected as a deputy to the Verkhovna Rada. Korolevska is the current chairman of the committee on issues of industrial and regulatory policy and entrepreneurship in the Verkhovna Rada.
Korolevska political goal is "to create an efficient, transparent and stable economy". She claims to stand for political reforms to combat poverty and corruption. Korolevska wants to involve the non-government sector more in decision-making.
Cultural and political image
Korolevska is seen as a representative of the upcoming generation of political leaders of Ukraine. In 2007 "Focus" magazine placed Korolevska 66th in a survey investigating the most influential women of Ukraine. In 2009 she reached the 9th spot in that survey (six places higher than the Minister of Labor and Social Policy Lyudmyla Denisova); "in 2009 she increased her presence in the coal market of Ukraine", according to Focus.
- ^ (Ukrainian)Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc election list, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- ^ a b (Ukrainian) Соратниця Тимошенко повторює за Довгим, а її дітей виховують її батьки, Tablo ID (January 8, 2009)
- ^ a b c Biography, Who-is-Who.com.ua
- ^ (Ukrainian)Biography, Довідники про сучасну Україну
- ^ (Ukrainian)Natalia Korolevska's profile, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- ^ (Russian) Н.Королевская: «Раскол между Западом и Востоком Украины надуман политическими лозунгами, а не внутренним состоянием людей», From-UA (November 20, 2008)
- ^ a b (Ukrainian)Наталия Королевская: «Луганск - не Донецк…», Остров (13 March 2008)
- ^ (Ukrainian)Главой ФГИ может стать Наталья Королевская. Портнов уже попросился в отставку, Остров (May 20, 2008)
- ^ a b (Ukrainian)Народна депутатка з Луганська від БЮТу раніше підтримувала Віктора Януковича, Gazeta.ua (March 23, 2007)
- ^ (Ukrainian)Спецпроект «Невідома Україна». Снігова королева, Контракти (July 16, 2007)
- ^ a b (Russian)Наталья Королевская: «У нас в семье патриархат», VV news (March 23, 2010)
- ^ Korolevska: Ukrainians not to notice rise in social standards, economy to be in shadows, Kyiv Post (October 21, 2009)
- ^ (Ukrainian)MP Korolevska Of BYT For Clipping Taxation Of Entrepreneurs To Get Over Economic Crisis, Ukrainian News Agency (November 7, 2008)
- ^ People's deputy Korolevska: NBU's discount rate should be lowered, Kyiv Post (May 8, 2010)
- ^ Korolevska: Decision on placing gambling establishments must be taken after local referendums, Kyiv Post (May 25, 2010)
- ^ a b c Young opposition leaders disappoint in Yalta, Kyiv Post (September 19, 2011)
- ^ a b (Ukrainian) Королевська стала обличчям модного журналу, Tablo ID (September 1, 2010)
- ^ (Ukrainian) Фаворитка Тимошенко, Tablo ID (December 20, 2006)
- ^ (Russian) Рейтинг Фокуса: 100 самых влиятельных женщин и 100 деталей о них, Focus
- ^ (Russian) Наталья Королевская, Focus
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.