- NPO Mashinostroyeniya
NPO mashinostroyeniya (Cyrillic: "НПО машиностроения") is a rocket design bureau based in Reutov, Russia. During the cold war it was responsible for several major weapons systems, including the SS-19 Intercontinental ballistic missile.
NPO mashinostroyeniya was founded in 1944, under the leadership of Vladimir Chelomei who directed till his death in 1984. Originally part of the OKB-51 design bureau, it relocated to Reutov, and from 1955 to 1966 was designated OKB-52 (and also OKB-52 MAP).
- Proton satellite
- P-70 Ametist (NATO codename: SS-N-7 "Starbright")
- P-120 Malakhit (NATO codename: SS-N-9 Siren)
- P-500 Bazalt (NATO codename: SS-N-12 Sandbox)
- P-700 Granit (NATO codename: SS-N-19 Shipwreck)
- P-800 Oniks (NATO codename: SS-N-26)
This article about a scientific organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.