- Mölnlycke Health Care
Mölnlycke Health Care Type Aktiebolag Industry Medical devices Founded 1849, Mölnlycke Headquarters Gothenburg, Sweden Key people Pierre Guyot, CEO Revenue € 856 million (2009) Employees 6700+ Website www.molnlycke.com
Mölnlycke Health Care is a Swedish medical devices company headquartered in Gothenburg and active internationally. The company manufactures and sells disposable surgical products such as drapes, gowns, facemasks, and headwear  and wound and skin care products such as dressings, compression products, and emollients.
History, mergers and acquisitions
In 1975 Mölnlycke was acquired by SCA where it made up their Clinical division. In late 1997 SCA sold the Clinical division to Nordic Capital who merged it with Kolmi-Set acquired by Tamro and named it Mölnlycke Health Care AB.
Mölnlycke Health Care AB was acquired from Nordic Capital by Apax Partners in June 2005 and subsequently merged with Medlock Medical and Regent Medical. The merged company became Mölnlycke Health Care Group. Apax Partners sold Mölnlycke Health Care Group to Investor AB and Morgan Stanley in January 2007.
In October 2008 Mölnlycke Health Care acquired Pharmaset, a French manufacturer of surgical single-use kits.
In June 2009 the company acquired JKT, a Polish manufacturer of surgical disposable products.
In January 2010 the company acquired Rynel, an American manufacturer of hydrophilic polyurethane foam.
Investor AB acquired Morgan Stanley Principal Investments' stake in Mölnlycke Health Care in August of 2010. The acquisition made Investor AB a 96% owner in the company. The remaining 4% is owned by management.
The company is in a rapid growth from 2000 based on the competitive health care products and good management team. In June 2011, the company launched the construction of a new manufacture factory in former navy base at Brunswick, Maine, representing a significant milestone for the company to become a leading health-care product manufacture in the world. The factory will produce health care products for U.S market from 2012, and significantly reduce the manufacturing cost and assist new product development.
In 2011, the company is ranked the 2nd largest advanced wound dressing company in the world and still keeps growing.
Sales and manufacturing
Mölnlycke Health Care has sales offices globally. The company has split their production between several factories around the world. Production of their surgical products takes place in Belgium, Thailand, Malaysia, France, and the Czech Republic. Production of wound care products takes place in the UK, Finland and U.S.
The Mölnlycke Health Care surgical division has four brands:
The Mölnlycke Health Care wound care division has numerous brands. They include:
- ^ Net sales 2009
- ^ a b c d e Mölnlycke surgical products
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Mölnlycke wound care products
- ^ a b c Mölnlycke History
- ^ Nordic Capital Acquires Mölnlycke Clinical Products from SCA Nordic Capital press release, 29 October 1997
- ^ Mölnlycke Health Care acquires BARRIER from Johnson & Johnson
- ^ Apax Partners Acquires Mölnlycke Health Care from Nordic Capital Apax Partners press release, 26 January 2007
- ^ Investor AB and Morgan Stanley Principal Investments Acquires Mölnlycke Health Care Group from Apax Partners Investor AB press release, 26 January 2007
- ^ Mölnlycke Health Care Acquires Pharmaset Mölnlycke Health Care press release, 16 January 2009
- ^ Mölnlycke Health Care Acquires JKT Mölnlycke Health Care press release, 3 June 2009
- ^ Mölnlycke Health Care Acquires Rynel Mölnlycke Health Care press release, 15 February 2010
- ^ Investor Acquires Shares in Mölnlycke Health Care Investor press release, 26 August 2010
- ^ Investor takes over Mölnlycke Dagens Industri article, 26 August 2010
- ^ Mölnlycke Health Care sales offices
- ^ Mölnlycke Health Care production units
- ^ New negative pressure wound therapy system launched Wounds International Volume 1 Issue 3, 25 May 2010
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.