- Mehmet Gürs
Mehmet Gürs Born Mehmet Gürs
13 December 1969
Cooking style Ottoman/Turkish/Finnish
Gürs was born in Finland to a Turkish father and a Finnish-Swedish mother and grew up in Stockholm and Istanbul. He spent eight years training and working as a chef in the United States; between 1990-1993 he studied "Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management" at the Johnson & Wales University. In the mid 1990s he returned to Turkey to start his first restaurant called "Downtown"; six years later he opened "Lokanta" and then "Mikla" in 2005.
- 2006:Best Restaurant/ Mikla- TimeOut Istanbul
- 2004:Best Bar/ NuTeras- TimeOut Istanbul
- 2003:Best Chef/Mehmet Gürs- TimeOut Istanbul
- 2002:Best Bar/ NuTeras- TimeOut Istanbul
- 2001:Best Restaurant/ Downtown- TimeOut Istanbul
- ^ The New York Times (2007-12-09). "Cultures Meet at the Dinner Table". http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/travel/09Foodie.html. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- ^ The New York Times. "Mikla". http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/europe/turkey/istanbul/70311/mikla/restaurant-detail.html?inline=nyt-classifier. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- ^ a b The Sunday Morning Herald (2010-10-08). "Celebrity chef with an anthropologist's interest in rare food". The Sydney Morning Herald. http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/celebrity-chef-with-an-anthropologists-interest-in-rare-food-20101007-169wd.html. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- ^ Euronews. "Turkey with a Twist:Combining Cuisine, Culture and Commerce". http://www.euronews.net/2008/07/15/turkey-with-a-twist-combining-cuisine-culture-and-commerce/. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- ^ a b Food and Wine. "Turkish Picnic". http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/turkish-picnic. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- ^ Sabah. "Gürs: Gastronomi turizmiyle milyonlarca Euro kazanırız". http://arsiv.sabah.com.tr/2007/07/08/haber,D42FC372DD9645DE98878B92E2FF534A.html. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- ^ Johnson & Wales University. "Mehmet Gurs '93, Chef, Resturant (sic) Owner". http://www.jwu.edu/content.aspx?id=26684#fbid=tB9FgsX7y0D. Retrieved 2011-06-27.
- ^ a b Mikla. "Mehmet Gürs Profile". http://www.miklarestaurant.com/. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.