- Massimo Boldi
Massimo Boldi Born July 23, 1945
Nationality Italian Occupation stand-up comedian, actor Spouse Marisa Selo Children Micaela Boldi, Manuela Boldi, Marta Boldi
Been very soon orphan of father, Boldi began to work as a window-dresser from a young age before taking a job selling confectionery. On 29 September 1973 Boldi married Marisa Selo (cousin of Formula One's driver Michele Alboreto). Their marriage lasted until Selo's death on 8 April 2004. The couple had three daughters: Micaela, Manuela and Marta.
Boldi entered showbiz as a drummer. He played in the group I Mimitoki before joining the better known La pattuglia azzurra ("The blue patrol"), group headed by a young Claudio Lippi continuing then as drummer of the Gino Paoli's orchestra for then to continue as drummer in the numerous bands of the epoch until when he was engaged with his group in a very particular place and of big fashion L'Intras Derby Club, via Monte Rosa 84 in Milan.
The passion for the continuous drum with his group to the Derby where he begins to accompany the protagonists of the evenings, the great authors and the actual comedians and of the future in the Italy panorama show.
The "Derby", born in 1959 by an Gianni Bongiovanni and his wife Angela's idea as jazz temple, he had already become when he was known from the young Boldi house of the cabaret too.
He enumerated among his artists names as Enzo Jannacci, Cochi and Renato, Giorgio Gaber, Bruno Lauzi, Umberto Bindi, Gino Paoli, Paolo Villaggio, Walter Waldi and Enrico Intra, cofouder of the same place.
Under the Bongiovanni's guide, Massimo Boldi reborn artistically and he became stand-up comedian, discovering in himself a comic talent.
In the place, by now the ex drummer created characters that became soon popular and that thanks to his apparitions in the local commercial televisions of that years, they became soon of public dominion too.
Just thanks to a Legano's TV, "Antenna 3 Lombardia", Massimo Boldi and Teo Teocoli gave life with their couple's job to that the would have been considered "television bulldozer" of the then new generation of comedians. In TV: "Non lo sapessi ma lo so".
The program was transmitted every Wednesday evening from 20:30 at 24 o'clock for the regal one of Beppe Recchia and took the title from a great tormenton of Boldi, that appeared in a song written by the same with the friends Enzo Jannacci and Paolo Beldì too.
For Teocoli's improvisation, he was born really in that transmission the more famous and beloved character perhaps of Boldi, "Max Cipollino", an improbable conductor blunderer of a private newscast.
Massimo will participate following to numerous television programs on the principal Italian national nets, not always with Teocoli.
To Canzonissima, on Rai Uno, he played one of his characters of greater success, "Mario Vigorone" to pass then to an innovative program directed by Romolo Siena, A Tutto Gag, where Boldi gave life to the character of the Tuscan Cook in the great tormenton of Come dite voi a Milano? (As you tell you in Milan?).
On Mediaset, he participated in other successful programs such as Drive In, Risatissima, Grand Hotel, Sabato al circo, La strana coppia.
Particularly in Una rotonda sul mare, again with Teo Teocoli, he will give life with him to an exhilarating parody of the Diabolik's stories: Massimo was apparently in the gags the foolish alone thief "Diaboldik" while Teo interpreted a certain "Inspector Rinko", clear words game on the Inspector Ginko, the thief in black leotard.
"Un ciclone in famiglia"
Always for Canale 5, Boldi has interpreted his first fiction TV, giving life to the character of "big dad", Lorenzo Fumagalli in the television series Un ciclone in famiglia, directed by Carlo Vanzina.
Having begun before in smaller parts, it was in the eighties that Massimo Boldi became one of the more popular Italian cinema actors.
To the cinema, Boldi is often interpreter of the classical Milan citizen, bourgeois and methodic, always to the takings with problems of tachycardia. Some his ways of say as: "Bestia che dolore!" ("Beast that pain!"), "Mi hai fatto un male pazzesco!" ("You have made me a maddish evil!"), "Ciao Cipollino!" ("Hi Cipollino!"), "Vavavavavava!" ("Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!"), "Non lo sapessi ma lo seppi!" ("I didn't know it but I knew it!") they have become popular catchphrases.
The couple Boldi - De Sica
Massimo Boldi has been with Christian De Sica cinema adventures companions for around about twenty years. The two have made together 24 movies, beginning with traditional Christmas movies: among these are remembered Vacanze di Natale and A spasso nel tempo, Paparazzi (1998), Tifosi (1999) and Christmas in Love (2004).
Subsequently to the "separation" from De Sica, Massimo Boldi has interpreted Olè (2006), Matrimonio alle Bahamas (2007) and La fidanzata di papà (2008).
In 1992, Boldi ran to the political elections with the Partito Socialista Italiano (Italian Socialist Party), but this to now remains a brief parenthesis, set aside which returned immediately to the recitation.
- Di che segno sei? (1975);
- Due cuori, una cappella (1975);
- La febbre del cinema (1975);
- Come ti rapisco il pupo (1976);
- Luna di miele in tre (1975);
- Marcia trionfale (1976);
- Sturmtruppen (1976);
- Tre tigri contro tre tigri (1977);
- Il... Belpaese (1977);
- Io tigro, tu tigri, egli tigra;
- Saxofone (1979);
- Prestami tua moglie (1980);
- A tutto gag (1980);
- Sono fotogenico (1980);
- Maschio, femmina, fiore, frutto (1980);
- L'esercito più pazzo del mondo (1981);
- Nessuno è perfetto (1981);
- Fracchia la belva umana (1981);
- Si ringrazia la regione Puglia per averci fornito i milanesi (1982);
- Eccezzziunale... veramente (1982) ;
- Sturmtruppen II (1982);
- Drive In (1983);
- Il ragazzo di campagna (1984);
- I due carabinieri (1984);
- I pompieri (1985);
- Yuppies, i giovani di successo (1986);
- Yuppies 2 (1986);
- Grandi magazzini (1986);
- Grand Hotel (1986);
- Il tenente dei carabinieri (1985);
- Scuola di ladri (1986);
- Montecarlo Gran Casinò (1987);
- Fantastico 8 (1987);
- Il volatore di Aquiloni (1987);
- Missione eroica - I pompieri 2 (1987);
- Scuola di ladri parte seconda (1987);
- Mia moglie è una bestia (1988);
- Fratelli d'Italia (1989);
- Vacanze di Natale '90 (1990);
- Vacanze di Natale '91 (1991);
- Anni 90 (1992);
- Scherzi a parte (1992);
- Sognando la California (1992);
- Anni 90 - Parte II (1993);
- S.P.Q.R. 2000 e ½ anni fa (1994);
- Vacanze di Natale '95 (1995);
- Festival (1996);
- A spasso nel tempo (1996);
- A spasso nel tempo: l'avventura continua (1997);
- Cucciolo (1998);
- Paparazzi (1998);
- Tifosi (1999);
- Vacanze di Natale 2000 (1999);
- Body Guards - Guardie del corpo (2000);
- Merry Christmas (2001);
- Natale sul Nilo (2002);
- Natale in India (2003);
- Christmas in Love (2004);
- Caméra Café (2004);
- Un ciclone in famiglia (2005);
- Natale a Miami (2005);
- Un ciclone in famiglia 2 (2006);
- Olè (2006);
- Un ciclone in famiglia 3 (2007);
- Matrimonio alle Bahamas (2007);
- Un ciclone in famiglia 4 (2008);
- La fidanzata di papà (2008);
- Un coccodrillo per amico (2009);
- Benvenuti in famiglia (2009);
- A Natale mi sposo (2010).
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.