- Malout Institute of Management and Information Technology
Malout Institute of Management and Information Technology
Established 1998 Type Punjab Government-aided college Principal Dr. Nirmal Singh Location Malout, Punjab, India Nickname MIMIT Affiliations Punjab Technical University Website www.mimitmalout.org
Malout Institute of Management and Information Technology (MIMIT) in Malout, Punjab, India, is under the guidance of a Board of Governors, headed by the Technical Education Minister, government of Punjab. Located in the Green Field Enclave, the campus is a combined academic and administrative, three-storied building spread over 25 acres (100,000 m2) of land which was designed by the Chief Architecture of Punjab. MIMIT is the only government institute to offer MBA and B.Tech programs in Punjab. It offers four undergraduate courses — B.Tech.-IT, CSE, ECE and ME — and one postgraduate course: MBA.
MIMIT is the third of its kind in India to offer certified courses recognized by Sun Microsystems. The institute has a certified academy for training students in collaboration with CISCO Inc. The institute has a centrally air-conditioned double-storied computer center, the computers are mainly with C2D configuration. Internet access is through a 6 Mbit/s leased line (1:1).
It has hostels with a capacity of 350 boys and 150 girls.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Business Administration (specialization in Marketing, Finance and HRM)
- M.Tech. Industrial Engineering (part time)
- Central Library: MIMIT has a 10,500 sq ft (980 m2). double-storied automated library. The library is the first in Punjab State that is interlinked with DELNET. It has a digital library which includes e-journals, e-books, e-reference sources, databases of theses and dissertations, subject gateway and MIMIT digital resources. Users can access MIMIT Central Library at LAN level and at WAN level. The library is in the process of inter-linking with other online libraries. All the offices and the faculty have telephone and Internet connections.
- Delnet: MIMIT has interlinked its library with DELNET (Developing Library Network, New Delhi). The DELNET facility is accessible to students from computer labs.
- Central Computer Centre: the institute has WiFi with a 6mbps leased line. There are four centrally air conditioned computer labs, which house up to 400 computers nodes each along with peripherals and internet connectivity
- Main labs:
- RDBMS Lab,
- Microprocessor Lab,
- Research Lab,
- Electronics Lab,
- Internet Lab,
- Physics Lab,
- Multimedia Lab,
- Electrical Lab,
- Chemistry Lab,
- EGD Hall,
- Mech. Engineering Lab,
- Control and Instrumentation Lab,
- Fluid Mechanics Lab,
- Data Communication Lab,
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Faculty residences: Housing for the principal, officers, professors, assistant professors, lecturers, ministerial staff and supporting staff on the campus.
- Facilities: Market, departmental store, gymnasium and a guesthouse (fully air-conditioned; accommodates guests at nominal prices).
- Transport: One 32-seat bus and one 52-seat bus, two jeeps, and an ambulance available 24 hours.
- Water and electricity supply: 250 kW power generators ensure power supply during working hours. The labs and systems are protected by fire fighting systems.
- Sports: Facilities exist for all the popular indoor and outdoor games. The college basketball team won the PTU Zonal basketball tournament in 2006. The college handball team was runner-up in PTU Zonal handball tournament in session 2007 and won third position in PTU Zonal handball tournament in session 2008.
- NSS: The National Service Scheme was formed in 1969 with an aim to provide service to society. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone in their society who is needy gets help so that they can enhance their standards and lead a life of dignity.
The Institute has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with CISCO Inc. USA, which provides four semester programmes by online testing, student-performance tracking, and quality assurance plan in networking, with CISCO routers and switches. MIMIT affiliates with Sun Microsystem's Sun Academic Initiative (SAI). The programme is designed to introduce students to Sun technologies and equip them with skills in their chosen fields.
MIMIT is an institute member (IM1049) of the Indian Society of Technical Education, New Delhi. Most of the students of the college are members of the student chapter. The objective of ISTE is the education of students and faculty members through technical programmes, seminars, debates, etc.
- Engineering colleges in Punjab (India)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.