- Don't Take Love For Granted
Don't Take Love For Granted Studio album by Lulu Released 1978 Recorded 1978 Genre Pop, Pop Rock Label Rocket Records Producer Mark London, Lem Lubin Lulu chronology Heaven and Earth and the Stars
Don't Take Love For Granted
The album, which marked a return to recording for Lulu after a six year absence, was produced by Mark London - composer of Lulu's career record "To Sir With Love" and Lem Lubin. Four of the tracks were written by Neil Harrison including the titlecut "Don't Take Love for Granted" which was issued as lead single in September 1978, both in the UK and the US, where neither it nor its parent album attracted any significant attention.
The Don't Take Love For Granted album was released in England in early 1979, with the Elton John-Gary Osborne track, "I Don't Care", being replaced by "I Love To Boogie", which was released as a single. The song was written by David Skillins and Mike Stubbs, the principal songwriters for the group Home, which Stubbs had fronted. Produced solely by Mark London, "I Love to Boogie" was released as a UK single, backed by the non-album track, "Dance to the Feeling in Your Heart" (Neil Harrison). It was not successful.
The Neil Harrison composition "I Could Never Miss You (More Than I Do)" would eventually be released as a single on Alfa Records and become a major hit for Lulu in 1981. "I Could Never Miss You..." and two other Harrison compositions introduced on the Don't Take Love For Granted album: the title cut and "You Are Still a Part of Me", would be included on an otherwise newly-recorded 1981 album entitled Lulu.
- Don't Take Love for Granted (Neil Harrison)
- I Could Never Miss You (More Than I Do) (Neil Harrison)
- Come See What Love (Bryn Haworth)
- Fool, Fool (Troy Seals, Jerry McBee, Max D. Barnes)
- He's So in Love (Russ Ballard)
- Nice and Slow (Thom Bell, Elton John, Bernie Taupin)
- You Are Still a Part of Me (Neil Harrison)
- I Don't Care (Elton John, Gary Osborne)
- Bye Bye Now My Sweet Love (Alan Tarney)
- Love Is the Sweetest Mistake (Neil Harrison)
Lulu Studio albums Compilation albums Other albums Featured singles"Shout" · "Can't Hear You No More" · "Here Comes the Night" · "Call Me" · "To Sir, with Love" · "Morning Dew" · "Boom Bang-a-Bang" · "Oh Me Oh My (I'm a Fool for You Baby)" · "The Man Who Sold the World" · "I Could Never Miss You (More Than I Do)" · "My Boy Lollipop" · "Nellie the Elephant" · "Relight My Fire" (with Take That) · "How 'Bout Us" · "Where the Poor Boys Dance" · "We've Got Tonight" (with Ronan Keating) · "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" · "Run Rudolph Run" Related articlesDiscography · Eurovision Song Contest · Here Come the Girls
- ^ Allmusic, Particulars of Don't Take Love For Granted. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^ "The Lulu Web Site- Albums1". http://lulu.co.uk/lps_a-k.htm. Retrieved 31 March 2009.
- ^ U.K. track listing, Don't Take Love For Granted. Retrieved 2011-10-04.
- ^ Released on The Complete Thom Bell Sessions Lulu's version was the first released version.
- ^ Originally released on Elton John's A Single Man album (1978).
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.