- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules Author(s) Jeff Kinney Illustrator Jeff Kinney Cover artist Jeff Kinney Country United States Language English Series Diary of a Wimpy Kid Genre(s) Realistic Fiction, Comedy Publisher Amulet Books Publication date February 1, 2008 Media type Print (paperback, hardcover) Pages 217 ISBN 978-0-8109-9473-7 Preceded by Diary of a Wimpy Kid Followed by Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules(origanally Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Greg vs Rodrick) is a realistic fiction novel by Jeff Kinney. It is the second book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series released on February 1, 2008, and a film of the same name released March 25, 2011. Rodrick Rules follows Greg's struggle with getting along with his older brother, Rodrick.
Whatever you do, don't ask Greg Heffley how he spent his summer vacation, because he definitely doesn't want to talk about it. As Greg enters the new school year, he's eager to put the past three months behind him...and one event in particular. Unfortunately for Greg, his older brother, Rodrick, knows all about the incident Greg wants to keep under wraps. But secrets have a way of getting out...especially when a diary is involved.
Brad Simpson stated he anticipated a sequel movie if the first film is a success. "Our writing staff are writing a sequel right now, "Rodrick Rules," which would be based on the second book" ... "And, you know, we hope that the people to see a second movie, so that we are in position of going again right away and making another film. I certainly know that the fans would like to see all the books made into movies".
Fox 2000 greenlit the sequel and Zachary Gordon returned as Greg Heffley. Steve Zahn (Frank Heffley) and Rachael Harris (Susan Heffley) will also return. The film was directed by David Bowers and the screenplay was written by Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah. Principal photography began in Vancouver August 2010. A few new characters appeared in the film, including Peyton List as Holly Hills. The trailer was seen with Gulliver's Travels.
The website created for the first was updated for the sequel featuring pictures of the cast and a short synopsis of the film. The film was released on March 25, 2011.
- ^ Amazon.com. "Amazon.com Profile". http://www.amazon.com/dp/0810994739. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- ^ Kinney, Jeff. Diary of a Wimpy Kid:Rodrick Rules. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (series). Amulet Books. ISBN 0810993139.
- ^ Nemiroff, Perri (March 10, 2010). "Writers Already Penning Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules". ComingSoon.net. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64075. Retrieved March 16, 2010.
- ^ Times, Los Angeles (April 3, 2010). "'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' film sequel planned". LA Times. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/03/entertainment/la-et-quick3-2010apr03. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- ^ Kit, Borys (June 23, 2010). "David Bowers to direct 'Wimpy' sequel". The Hollywood Reporter (e5 Global Media). http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ic25a0caf931c8924bdba883636df9070. Retrieved August 28, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ McClintock, Pamela (June 23, 2010). "Bowers in talks for 'Wimpy' sequel". Variety (Reed Business Information). http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118020969.html?categoryid=13&cs=1. Retrieved August 28, 2010.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Books Films Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.