- Colditz (audio drama)
Big Finish Productions audio play Colditz Series Doctor Who Release number 25 Featuring Seventh Doctor
Writer Steve Lyons Director Gary Russell Producer(s) Gary Russell
Executive producer(s) Jacqueline Rayner Set between Dust Breeding and
Length 1 hr 47 mins Release date October 2001
Colditz is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who.
The Seventh Doctor and Ace are caught intruding in Colditz Castle in October 1944. Will the secrets of Time Travel fall into the hands of the Third Reich?
- The Doctor — Sylvester McCoy
- Ace — Sophie Aldred
- Feldwebel Kurtz — David Tennant
- Hauptmann Julius Schäfer — Toby Longworth
- Flying Officer Bill Gower — Nicholas Young
- Timothy Wilkins — Peter Rae
- Klein — Tracey Childs
- This was the first Big Finish Doctor Who adventure in which David Tennant participated; in 2005, he became the tenth actor to play the Doctor in the television series.
- When Ace and the Doctor discover where and when they've landed, Ace says "Nazis again; I can't stand Nazis." Ace previously encountered Nazis in the television serial Silver Nemesis. The television serial The Curse of Fenric, in which Ace also appeared, was set during World War II but did not feature any German characters.
- Ace mentions having "played the board game" about escaping from Colditz; see Colditz Castle in popular culture for images of several such games.
- The plot of this story partly turns on the presence of a CD Walkman in Ace's rucksack, which, if left behind, would cause a historical anomaly. Ace mentions that she got this player in the 21st century from Paul Tanner, a character in the earlier audio play The Fearmonger.
- Tracey Childs later appeared in the 2008 TV story The Fires of Pompeii.
- Klein returns as the Seventh Doctor's traveling companion in the 2010 audio story A Thousand Tiny Wings. How she ended up meeting the Seventh Doctor at Colditz is explored in the one part story Klein's Story.
- Colditz reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- Colditz reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
Seventh Doctor audio dramas MelThe Fires of Vulcan • Bang-Bang-a-Boom! • Flip-Flop • Unregenerate! • Red Ace & RaineCrime of the Century • Animal • Earth Aid AceThe Fearmonger • The Genocide Machine • Dust Breeding • Colditz • The Rapture • The Prisoner's Dilemma • Thin Ice Ace & HexThe Harvest • Dreamtime • LIVE 34 • Night Thoughts • The Settling • No Man's Land • Nocturne • The Dark Husband • Forty-five • The Magic Mousetrap • Enemy of the Daleks • The Angel of Scutari • Project Destiny • A Death in the Family • Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge Ace & Benny BennyBernice Summerfield and the Criminal Code KleinA Thousand Tiny Wings • Survival of the Fittest & Klein’s Story • The Architects of History AloneThe Sirens of Time • Last of the Titans • Excelis Decays • Project: Lazarus • Master • Return of the Daleks • Valhalla • Frozen Time • The Death Collectors & Spider's Shadow • Kingdom of Silver & Keepsake • A Death in the Family • The Four Doctors • Robophobia • The Doomsday Quatrain • House of Blue Fire OtherDeath Comes to Time • Zagreus • The Wormery • Thicker than WaterCategories:
- Seventh Doctor audio plays
- 2001 audio plays
- Colditz Castle
- Doctor Who stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.