- Chip tha Ripper
Chip tha Ripper Background information Birth name Charles Worth Also known as uses stealth for many different game tags Born October 20, 1986 (age 24) Genres Hip hop Occupations Rapper Years active 2002–present Labels S.L.A.B., Dream On Associated acts KiD CuDi, The Cool Kids, Ray Cash, Bun B, Currensy, Big Sean, Quadron Website http://www.chiptharipper.com
Charles Worth, also known by his stage name Chip Tha Ripper, is an American hip hop artist from Cleveland, Ohio. Chip has collaborated with artists such as Kidz in the Hall, Freddie Gibbs, Kid Cudi, and The Cool Kids.
Since 2006, Chip tha Ripper obtained a significant following through hip-hop blogs and frequent appearances on mixtapes. Much of Chip Tha Ripper's recent work has been done alongside fellow Ohio native and rapper Kid Cudi. Chip had been around before Cudi, but was overlooked for being one of the many artists using the slow, "chopped 'n' screwed" Texas style of rapping popular in 2007. Chip gained a large, cult-like following on the underground scene throughout 2007 and 2008 for his hard, but often humorous lyrics and his loyalty to the city of Cleveland. A large part of his internet success was due to his rap "SLAB Freestyle." The lyrics "Interior Crocodile Alligator / I Drive a Chevrolet Movie Theater" gained notoriety in blogs and image boards and eventually grew into an internet meme. Multiple videos featuring the lyrics from "SLAB Freestyle" were posted on sites such as Youtube with humorous images accompanying the looped lyrics or featuring altered lyrics based on Chip's track. In 2007, the track "Club Rockin" off his Money mixtape featured hip-hop artist Akon singing the chorus. In 2008, Chip signed with Huey's record label but left after it showed it could not take him where he wanted his career to go. Despite his popularity, he has yet to be signed to a major label. In 2008 he also worked with Kidz in the Hall on their album The In Crowd doing a song titled "Mr. Alldatshit". On September 5, 2010 Chip tha Ripper announced plans to form a group called "The Almighty GloryUS" with fellow Cleveland rapper Kid Cudi. Chip tha Ripper states The Almighty GloryUS stems from a mutual appreciation between the two artists.
Chip was featured on producer Hi-Tek's first industry album, Hi-Teknology 3 in 2007; and on Kid Cudi's first mixtape, A Kid Named Cudi in 2008. He hooked up with The Kidz in the Hall and Donnis for what seems to be a favorable connection, by featuring on their 2008 The In Crowd and their 2010 Land of Make Believe album. Then in 2009 he was featured on Kid Cudi's first album "Man on the Moon: The End of Day" which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. Chip was a featured vocalist on the track "The End" on Kid Cudi's latest album, Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager. Teaming up with Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks of Chicago's The Cool Kids and Gary, Indiana's Freddie Gibbs, Chip has recently become a member of the "super group" P.O.C. (Pulled Over by the Cops). On his tours he sometimes plays Toribash with his crew on the bus.
- ^ Hockley-Smith, Sam. "Chip Tha Ripper, The Cleveland Show Mixtape". TheFader. http://www.thefader.com/2009/12/01/chip-tha-ripper-the-cleveland-show-mixtape/. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- ^ "Daily News - : Chip tha Ripper Working On New Album, Forms Group With Kid Cudi(who is also black)". Allhiphop.com. http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/09/03/22363469.aspx. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- ^ "Features : Chip tha Ripper: Gift Raps". Allhiphop.com. http://allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2010/10/09/22429380.aspx. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- ^ 02:16 AM. "Interior Crocodile Alligator". Know Your Meme. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/interior-crocodile-alligator. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
- ^ 03:50 PM. "Chip Tha Ripper Money - RRT". Real Rap Talk. http://www.realraptalk.com/f150/chip-tha-ripper-money-184548/. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- ^ Kuperstein, Slava (September 5, 2010). "Chip tha Ripper Talks Group With Kid Cudi, New Album". HipHopDX. http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.12142/titlechip-tha-ripper-talks-group-with-kid-cudi-new-album/. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- ^ Up for Discussion Jump to Forums (2009-09-14). "Kid Cudi Makes Peace With 'Man On The Moon'". Billboard.com. http://www.billboard.com/news/kid-cudi-makes-peace-with-man-on-the-moon-1004009483.story#/news/kid-cudi-makes-peace-with-man-on-the-moon-1004009483.story. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- ^ "The Cool Kids, Chip The Ripper & Freddie Gibbs Form Hip-Hop Supergroup". Ballerstatus. 2011-02-19. http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/02/19/the-cool-kids-chip-the-ripper-freddie-gibbs-form-hip-hop-supergroup/. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.