- Silk/Satin fetishism
Silk/satin fetishism is a
sexual fetishrelating to garments or other articles made of silkor satinfabric. It is usually directed towards people wearing silk or satin, but it can also be directed towards the garments themselves.
Fetishists are attracted to silk and satin both because of its physical properties (softness, smoothness, drape and
shine) and its association with elegance, glamour, romance and opulence.
The principal materials are charmeuse silk (silk woven so that it has a sheen) and satins (such as acetate satin and rayon satin), but other materials with similar properties, such as spandex and
polyesterare also admired.
People who engage in such type of fetish are also sometimes known as Satinists Fact|date=September 2008.
An important academic work on lingerie and silk/satin fetishism is Valerie Steele's 'Fashion and Eroticism: Ideals of Feminine Beauty from the Victorian Era to the Jazz Age' (Oxford University Press, New York, 1985 ISBN 0-19-503530-5), which explores the psychosexual appeal of silk, satin, and women's
underwearin several chapters.
* Browne, Ray B. (1982). "Objects of special devotion: fetishism in popular culture". Bowling Green University Popular Press. ISBN 087972191X
* [http://www.satin-source.com Satin Source] - Satin images and media.
* [http://www.shiny-fashion.net Shiny Fashion] - Satin images.
* [http://www.silksatinparadise.com Silk Satin Paradise] - Silk and satin images and media
* [http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/satinblousesandshirts] Silk Satin blouse images.
* [http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/satinblousesandshirts2] Silk Satin blouse extension group.
* [http://www.satinfetishlinks.com Satinfetishlinks.com] Links to various satin sites.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.