Hidato is a new puzzle made popular by the puzzle book titled "Hidato" by Dr. Gyora Benedek. This book was also featured in the #1 Japanese puzzle magazine, and is a reason for its publishing here. Hidato usually involves a square grid like
Sudoku, or Kakuro, but can also include irregular shaped grids i.e. hearts, skulls, etc. The goal of Hidato is to fill the grid with consecutive numbers that connect horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
There are 2 rules involved with Hidato:
1) Each puzzle has only one solution.
2) The first and last numbers of a puzzle are circled.
* [http://www.hidato.com/ Hidato official web site]
* [http://www.amazon.com/Hidato-200-Pure-Logic-Puzzles/dp/0740777734/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218990569&sr=8-1 Hidato book by Dr. Gyora Benedek]
* [http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/hidato.jsp Play Hidato online]
* [http://www.uclick.com/client/sea/hida/ Hidato on the Seattle Times Newspaper]
* [http://www.doo-bee-toys.com/ Doo-Bee toys]
* [http://www.gameblend.com/ Game Blend studios]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.