- List of University of Santo Tomas student organizations
name = The Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, the Catholic University of the Philippines
established = 28 April
city = Sampaloc
This is a list of organizations of the
University of Santo Tomas, Manila.
Student organizations in the University are under the supervision of the UST Office of the Students Affairs and are being evaluated annually by the UST Student Welfare and Development Board. Recognition of an organization permits it to send a representative in the SOCC-led Leadership Traning Seminar - Workshop(LTS), and All Leaders Community Development Seminar - Workshop every summer.
Most of the university-wide organizations, which are housed in the UST Tan Yan-Kee Student Center, have college-based units to represent them. Each college in the University, and sometimes course, also has its own varsity team for the different sporting events.
* The UST Central Student Council
* [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theust-socc/ The UST Students Organization Coordinating Council (SOCC)] - the umbrella organization of all the recognized organizations in the University
* [http://www.ust-singers.com/index_e.html The UST Singers]
UST Symphony Orchestra
* [http://www.varsitarian.net/ The Varsitarian] - the official student publication of the University
The following organizations are recognized by the UST Office of Student Affairs for the school year 2008-2009. [ [http://www.ust.edu.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=247&Itemid=81 Conservatory of Music] [http://www.ust.edu.ph UST.edu.ph] Accessed July 18, 2008]
Alpha Phi Omega
* [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USTARC/ UST Amateur Radio Club, Inc. (DX1-UST)] ]
* Batas Tomasino
* Becarios de Santo Tomas
* CFC - Youth for Christ
* UST Commission on Elections
* Circulo Hispano Tomasino - Spanish language organization
* [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ust_community_achievers_association UST Community Achievers Association]
* Earth - UST (formerly known as Haribon-UST) - the premiere environmental organization of the University
* UST Football Club
* UST International Students Association (UST - ISA)
* Jzone UST - youth ministry of Christ Commission Fellowship
* UST Lingkod E.R.
* UST Mediartrix - multimedia organization, of and for art enthusiasts of the University
* Musikang Sikat ng mga Tomasino (MUSIKAT)
* [http://ustmc.multiply.com/ UST Mountaineering Club]
* UST Pax Romana Central Coordinating Council - A world union of Catholic Students, duly recognized by the United Nations as a World Youth Organization.
* People Undertaking Reforms for Excellence (PURE)
* UST Red Cross Youth Council
* Rotaract Club - UST Chapter
* [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teatrotomasino/ Teatro Tomasino]
* Thomasian Debaters Council - an official academic varsity team of the University
* UST Tiger Dragons Rowing Crew
* [http://tomcatvolunteers.multiply.com/ Thomasian Cable Television (TOMCAT)]
* [http://www.tomasinotaku.tk/ TomasinOtaku] - the official Japanese culture organization of the University
Salinggawi Dance Troupe- the official cheerdance team and a university-wide organization for dance in University
* UST Scarlet - Filipino Chinese Students organization
* UST UNICEF Volunteers
* UNESCO Club of UST
* [http://ustyellowjackets.multiply.com UST Yellow Jackets] - official pep squad of the University
* UST Yoga Club
* Student-Teachers' Association of UST (STAUST)
Student Religious Organization - also recognized by the UST Office of Student Affairs
* UST Center for Campus Ministry - Thomasian Volunteers
* CFC - Youth for Christ
* Christ's Youth in Action
* Marian Evangelization Community
Other University-wide organizations
* UST Corps of Lady Sponsors
* UST Golden Cross and Sabre Fraternity
* UST Golden Corps of Cadet
* [http://www.ustmug.org/ UST Macintosh Users Group] (USTMUG)
Tau Gamma PhiFraternity
Tau Gamma SigmaSorority
Faculty of Civil Law
* Civil Law Student Council - the official student government of the law school
* UST Bar Operations Commission (Team Bar Ops) - the official bar operations and support group of the law school. The group is most active during the months of August to September in preparation for the annual Philippine Bar Examinations during the four Sundays of September.
* UST Law Review - the official academic journal of the law school.
* Libertas et Iusticia - a volunteer law advocacy group
* Batas Tomasino - a volunteer law advocacy group
* Ordo Luminis Legis - a confraternity of male and female law students.
* Aegis Juris Fraternity - a law fraternity; the brother organization of Regina et Legis Sorority
* Gamma Delta Epsilon Fraternity - a law fraternity; the brother organization of Astrea Law Sorority
* Suprema Lex Fraternity - a law fraternity; the brother organization of Lex Aequitas Sorority
* Astrea Law Sorority - a law sorority; the sister organization of Gamma Delta Epsilon Fraternity
* Lex Aequitas Sorority - a law sorority; the sister organization of Suprema Lex Fraternity
* Regina et Legis Sorority - a law sorority; the sister organization of Aegis Juris Fraternity
Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
* Medicine Student Council - the official student government of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
* Asian Medical Students’ Association (AMSA-UST)
* UST Filipino-Chinese Medical Students’ Association
* UST Medicine Glee Club - the official chorale ensemble of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
* UST Medical Missions, Inc. – Student Group (MMI)
* UST Terpsichorean Circle - the official dance troupe of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
* UST Alpha Delta Mu Sorority
* UST Gamma Beta Epsilon Fraternity
* UST Medicus et Vitae Confraternity
* UST Medicine Alliance for the Arts
* UST Mu Sigma Epsilon Sorority
* UST Phi Sigma Gamma Fraternity
* UST Scintilla Juris Fraternity
* UST Sigma Beta Tau Phi Fraternity, Brotherhood of Titans
* UST Sigma Tau Delta Sorority
* UST Tau Mu Sigma Phi Fraternity
* UST Theta Lambda Phi Sorority
* UST Zeta Beta Mu Fraternity
* Medicine Varsity Teams - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Volleyball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, Men's and Women's Table Tennis, Men's and Women's Badminton Team, and Men's and Women's Swimming Team.
Faculty of Pharmacy
* Pharmacy Student Council (PSC) - the official student government of the Faculty of Pharmacy.
* UST Biochemical Society - the official student organization of Biochemistry Students.
* UST Community Achievers Association (COMARCH) - a community service-oriented organization, Pharmacy Unit.
* UST Junior Pharmacists Association - Gamma Chapter (JPA) - the Mother Organization of all Pharmacy Students.
* UST Medical Technology Society (MTS) - the official student organization of Medical Technology Students.
* UST Organization of Medical Technology Interns (OMTI) - the organization established solely for graduating students taking up Medical Technology.
* UST Pax Romana Pharmacy Unit
* UST Pharmacy Dance Troupe (PDT) - the official dance troupe of the Faculty of Pharmacy.
* UST Pharmacy Debate and Speech Council
* UST Pharmacy Glee Club - the official chorale ensemble of the Faculty of Pharmacy.
* UST Purple Gazette - the official student publication of the Faculty of Pharmacy.
* UST Red Cross Youth Council (RCYC) - Pharmacy Unit
* UST ROTARACT Pharmacy Unit
* UST SCARLET - Filipino-Chinese organization.
* UST Scholia Tutorial Club
* UST Theatre Catalyst - the official theater guild of the Faculty of Pharmacy.
* Pharmacy Sports Club - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, Men's and Women's Table Tennis, Men's and Women's Volleyball Team, Men's Judo Team, and Men's and Women's Swimming Team.
Faculty of Arts and Letters
* Artlets Student Council (ABSC) - the official student government of the college.
* The Flame - the official student publication of the college.
* Dapitan - the literary folio of The Flame.
* The Economics Tribune - the official student publication of Artlets Economics Society (AES).
* Artlets Commission on Elections (AB COMELEC) - the official student elections authority of the college.
* Artlets Student Parliament (AB Parliament)- the official student organization of all class presidents.
* Artlets Sophomore Chamber - the official student organization of college sophomores.
* Artlets Freshmen Assembly - the official student organization of college freshmen.
* UST Artlets Economics Society (AES) - the official student organization of Economics majors; the Artlets is used a prefix to distinguish the group from the UST Economics Society, the organization of Economics majors in the UST College of Commerce.
* UST Asian Studies Society - the official student organization of Asian Studies majors.
* UST Behavioral Science Society - the official student organization of Behavioral Science majors.
* UST Communication Arts Students Association (CASA) - the official student organization of Communication Arts majors.
* UST Journalism Society (JournSoc) - the official student organization of Journalism majors.
* UST Legal Management Society (LM Soc) - the official student organization of Legal Management majors. The group is a founding member of the Philippine Alliance of Legal Management Societies (PALMS), a federation of legal management socities in different colleges and universities in the country. In March 2001, LM Soc produced most of the year's academic and leadership awardees, including the top three graduates in the entire college.
* UST Literary Society - the official student organization of Literature majors.
* UST Philosophy Council or Concilium Philosophiae - the official student organization of Philosophy majors. In 1998, the group started recruiting members from outside the Philosophy Department. The purpose is to promote philosophy and debate as an interesting discipline even to non-philosophy students.
* UST Political Science Forum - the official student organization of Political Science majors.
* UST Sociological Society - the official student organization of Sociology majors.
* UST AB-BSE Social Science Society- the official student organization of AB-BSE majors.
* Artistang Artlets (AA) - the official theater organization of the Faculty.
* Artlets Volunteers in Action (AVA) - organization of social outreach volunteers in the college.
* Artlets Basketball Team - the official student basketball team of the college; competes with other colleges in intramural games.
* Artlets Volleyball Team - the official student volleyball team of the college; competes with other colleges in intramural games.
* AB Pautakan Team - the official student quiz team of the college; competes in the annual university-wide Pautakan Quiz Competition sponsored by The Varsitarian, the oldest university-wide student publication in the Philippines. The AB team reigned as Pautakan grand champions in 1979, 1989, and from 2002 to 2006, beating all competing colleges across diverse fields of medicine, engineering, architecture, education, commerce, etc.
* The Chorus of the Arts and Letters (AB Chorale) - the official student choral group of the college; competes with the choral groups of the other colleges of the university.
* AB Pax Romana- college based unit of the Central Pax Romana, the University's official Religious Organization.
* The Students'Democratic Party (SDP)- the oldest student political party in the Philippines; established in 1981 during the dark ages of Marcos regime; an affiliate of the Lakas Tomasino Coalition for the Central Student Council.
* DEKADA - the second oldest political party in the college; affiliated with the Alyansa ng Kristiyanong Lakas (AKLAS) Central Political party.
* Grand Alliance for Progress (GAP)- the first political party in the college to be established after the year 2000 by a group of political science students and a communication arts student. To date GAP is the most dominant political party since it was established.
* Alliance of Concerned Thomasians (ACT-Now!)- the newest political party in the college.
* AB Judokas - the official judo team of the college of arts and letters.
Faculty of Engineering
* Engineering Student Council
* UST Chemical Engineering Society
* UST Electrical Engineering Circuit
* UST Industrial Engineering Circle
* UST Mechanical Engineering Circle
* Mechatronics and Robotics Circle
* Network of Electronics and Communications Engineering
* Operations Research Society
* Organization of Aspiring Engineering Students (OASES)
* Organization of Civil Engineering Students
* Computer Science Society (CSS)
* Society of Information Technology Enthusiasts (SITE)
* Information Systems Society (ISyS)
* Engineering Varsity Team's - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, and Men's Judo Team
College of Education
* Education Student Council
* UST Library and Information Science Students' Association
* Student Teachers' Association of the University of Santo Tomas
* Rhytmix Dance Troupe
* Varsity Team's - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, Men's Judo Team, and Swimming Team
College of Science
* Science Student Council
* UST Applied Physics Society
* UST Biological Society
* UST Chemical Society
* Community Achievers Association Science Unit
* College of Science Dance Troupe
* College of Science Glee Club
* College of Science Journal
* USR Mathematical Society
* UST Microbiological Society
* UST Psychological Society
* Red Cross Youth Council Science Unit
* Scarlet Science Unit
* Science Debate and Drama Society
* Science Varsity Team's - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, and Men's Judo Team
College of Architecture
* Architecture Student Council
* Archinet - multimedia organization of the college
* Arkidanz Troupe
* Arkitrato - a photography organization of the College
* Community Achievers Association Science Unit
* Scarlet Architecture Unit
* United Architect of the Philippines Student Auxiliary
* Vision Magazine
* Architecture Varsity Teams - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, and Men's Judo Team
College of Commerce and Business Administration
* Commerce Student Council
* Junior Chamber of Business Administration
* Economics Society (ECOSOC)
* Young Entreprenuers Society (YES)
* Community Achievers Association (COMACH) - Commerce Unit
* Scarlet - Commerce Unit
* Commerce Parliament
* PRECOM Society
* Rotaract Commerce Unit
* Red Cross Youth Council(RCYC) - Commerce Unit
* Commerce Varsity Teams - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, and Men's Judo Team
* Thomasian Junior Marketing Association
Conservatory of Music
* Music Student Council
* UST Symphony Orchestra [ [http://www.ust.edu.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=46 UST Student Organizations] [http://www.ust.edu.ph UST.edu.ph] Accessed July 18, 2008]
* Coro Tomasino - an all-student choral group
* UST eMundo
* UST Guitar Ensemble
* UST Conservatory of Music Piano Faculty
* UST Jazz Band
* Liturgikon Vocal Ensemble - an all-student choral group specializing in sacred music performances
* Millennium Woodwind Quintet
* UST Percussion Ensumble
* UST Rondalla Ensemble
* UST String Ensemble
* UST Symphonic Band
* UST Voice Faculty
* UST Wind Orchestra
* Thomasian Brass Quintet
College of Nursing
* Nursing Student Council
* Medical Missions Inc. - Nursing Unit
* UST Nursing Glee Club
* Nursing Varsity Teams - Men's and Women's Basketball Team, Men's and Women's Volleyball Team, Men's and Women's Football Team, Men's and Women's Swimming Team, and Men's and Women's Judo Team
College of Rehabilitation Sciences
* Rehabilitation Science Student Council
College of Fine Arts and Design
* Fine Arts and Design Student Council
* Interior Design Innovators
Alfredo M. Velayo College of Accountancy
* [http://ustasc.co.nr/ Accountancy Student Council] (ASC) - the official student government of the AMV College of Accountancy.
*Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (JPIA) - the official student organization of Accountancy Students
*UST-AMV CoA Pax Romana - a religious, educational, cultural, socio-civic, non-profit organization for accountancy students
*Community Achievers Association (COMACH) - a community service-oriented organization.
*Scarlet - Accountancy - a organization originally for filipino-chinese students
*Rotaract Club - a civic oriented student organization
*Red Cross Youth Club (RCYC)
*The Accountancy Journal (AJ) - The official student publication of the AMV College of Accountancy
*Paci Rhutmos- The Accountancy Dance Troupe
*UST Accountancy Commission on Elections
*The Accountancy Chamber Singers - The official chorale of the AMV College of Accountancy
*Accountancy Pautakan Team - The AMV Accountancy representative to the Annual Pautakan
*Accountancy Varsity Teams (Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Swimming, Judo)
*Lakas ng Diwang Tomasino (LAKASDIWA) - the accountancy unit of the Lakas Tomasino Party (LAKAS)
*Alliance for Student Service, Equity and Truth (ASSET) - the accountancy unit of the Alyansa ng Kristiyanong Lakas (AKLAS)
Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management
* ITHM Student Council
UST High School
* UST High School Student Council
* UST CAT Golden Corps of Cadets
* The Aquinian
* USTHS Athletics Club
* USTHS Mathematics Club
* Boy Scouts of the Philippines
* Girl Scouts of the Philippines
* USTHS Dialektikos
* USTHS Drama Guild
* USTHS English Forum
* USTHS Glee Club/Music Ensemble
* USTHS Natural Science Club
* UST PEP Squad
* USTHS Student Catholic Action
* USTHS Samahang Kulturang Filipino
* USTHS Technical Artistic and Skills Circle
Education High School
* Education High School Student Council
* UST CAT Golden Corps of Cadets
* The Rosarian
* EHS Agham Society
* EHS Metrico Society
* EHS SAMAKA-Social Science Club (Samahan ng mga Mag-aaral ng Kasaysayan)
* EHS Communication Arts Club
* EHS Homemakers' Club
* EHS Computer Club
* EHS Book Lovers' Club
* EHS Glee Club
* EHS Knights of the Altar
* EHS Club Dela Danza (Dance Club)
* EHS Local COMELEC
Alumni organizations and associations
* University of Santo Tomas Alumni Association Inc.
* UST Alumni Foundation, Inc.
* Alumni Priests Association (ALPA) of the Pontifical University
* Association of Thomasian Psychology Alumni
* Thomasian Alumni Ophthalmologic Society
* Tiger Pack
* UST Action Singers Alumni Ensemble
* [http://www.ustnaa.org/ UST Alumni Nurses Association of America (USTNAA)]
* UST Architecture Alumni Association
* UST Artlets Alumni Association
* UST Atelier Alumni Association
* UST College of Science Alumni Association
* UST College of Education Alumni Association
* UST Commerce Alumni Foundation, Inc.
* UST Conservatory of Music Alumni Association
* UST Engineering Alumni Association
* UST Faculty of Pharmacy Alumni Association and Scholarship Foundation Inc.
* UST Golden Corps of Cadets Alumni Association
* UST Graduate School Alumni Association
* UST High School Alumni Association
* UST Hospital Urology Alumni Association
* UST Law Alumni Foundation, Inc.
* UST Library Science Alumni Association (USTLSAA)
* UST Medical Alumni Association
* UST Medical Alumni Association in America (USTMAAA)
* UST Nursing Alumni Association
* UST Philets Foundation
* UST Rehabilitation Sciences Alumni Association
* UST Tourism Management and HRM Alumni Association
* UST Yellow Jackets Alumni Association
University Athletic Association of the Philippines Official Teams
UST Growling Tigers- Men's Senior's Basketball Team
* UST Fencers - Fencing Team
* UST Golden Booters - Senior's Football Team
* UST Golden Jins - Taekwondo Team
* UST Golden Judokas - Judo Team
* UST Golden Sox - Senior's Baseball/Softball Team
* UST Growling Tigresses - Women's Basketball Team
* UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe
* UST Shuttlers - Badminton Team
* UST Spiking Tigresses - Women's Volleyball Team
* UST Tennisters - Tennis Team
* UST Tiger Cubs - Junior's Basketball Team
* UST Tiger Paddlers - Table Tennis Team
* UST Tiger Sharks - Swimming Team
* UST Tiger Spikers - Men's Volleyball Team
* UST Tiger Tracksters - Track and Field Team
* UST Woodpushers - Chess Team
UST Yellow Jackets- Pep Squad
* UST Espana United - Ultimate Frisbee Team
* UST Football Club (USTFC)
* UST Mountaineering Club - Mountain Climbing Team, and Adventure Challenges Team
* UST Rock Climbing Team
* UST Tennis Club
* UST Tiger Dragons - Rowing Team
University of Santo Tomas campus life and culture
List of University of Santo Tomas people
* [http://www.ust.edu.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=1&id=76&Itemid=109 The University of Santo Tomas - Organizations]
* [http://www.ust.net.ph/ UST Network] - Online Community: Ever your valiant legions
* [http://USTExchange.yehey.com/forums USTExchange] - Online Community: Thomasian Life. Thomasian Talk.
* [http://gouste.com/ GO USTe.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.