- Gaonkar Gopal H.
Gopal H. Gaonkar(1938-) is an
Indian born professorof helicopterengineering at [http://www.fau.edu/ FAU] , Boca Raton, Florida. He earned his D. Sc., in helicopter engineering from Washington University, St. Louis, in 1967. He works in helicopter dynamics, Floquet theory and large-Scale and parallel computing and has written many papers. Prior to joining FAU, he was a professor at the department of aeronautical engineering of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Indiaand at the [http://www.siue.edu/ Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville ] , Illinois.
* Stochastic properties of turbulence excited rotor blade vibrations, Gaonkar, G. H.;Hohenemser, K. H. /Washington U., St. Louis, MO./. AIAA Journal 1971, 0001-1452 vol.9 no.3 (419-424)
* Adequacy of modeling turbulence and related effects on helicopter response, George, V. V.;Gaonkar, G. H. (Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton);Prasad, J. V. R.;Schrage, D. P. (Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta) AIAA Journal 1992 0001-1452 vol.30 no.6 (1468-1479)
* Use of Multiblade Coordinates for Helicopter Flap-Lag Stability with Dynamic Inflow Gopal H. Gaonkar and David A. Peters Journal of Aircraft 1980 0021-8669 vol.17 no.2 (112-118)
* An Advanced Stochastic Model for Threshold Crossing Studies of Rotor Blade Vibrations GOPAL H. GAONKAR AND KURT H. HOHENEMSER AIAA Journal 1972 0001-1452 vol.10 no.8 (1100-1101)
* Random vibration peaks in rotorcraft and the effects of nonuniform gusts GAONKAR, G. H. (Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Ill.) Journal of Aircraft 1977 0021-8669 vol.14 no.1 (68-76)
* Parallel fast-floquet analysis of trim and stability for large helicopter models, Subramanian S.; Venkataratnam S.; Gaonkar G.H. Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Volume 33, Number 10, May 2001 , pp. 1155-1176(22), Publisher: Elsevier
Dr. Gaonkar is an alumni of A. H. School,
B.V.B. College of Engineering & Technologyand VJTI.
* [http://www.wustl.edu/ Washington University] Official website
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.