Australian Heritage Database
- Australian Heritage Database
The Australian Heritage Database is a listing of heritage sites in Australia. It is maintained by the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (Australia), in consultation with Australian Heritage Council. There are more than twenty thousand entries in the database, which includes natural, historic and Indigenous places.
Lists covered by the database are:
* the World Heritage List, places that are of outstanding universal value and have been included on this United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) - managed list..
* the National Heritage List, a long list of natural, historic and Indigenous places that are of outstanding national heritage value to the Australian nation.
* the Commonwealth Heritage List, a list of natural, historic and Indigenous places of heritage significance owned or controlled by the Australian Government.
* the Register of the National Estate, a list of natural, historic Indigenous heritage places throughout Australia, frozen in February 2007 but to be replaced by other heritage lists by 2012.
* the Australian National Shipwreck Database, [http://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/publications/hsp-factsheet.html Historic Shipwrecks Programme] a register of historic shipwrecks in Australian waters, administered by The Department of the Environment and Water Resources.
* the List of Overseas Places of Historic Significance(LOPHSA), [http://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/places/overseas/ List of Overseas Places of Historic Significance to Australia] a list which recognises symbolically sites of outstanding historic significance to Australia that are located outside of the Australian jurisdiction.
* other places being considered for listing in one of these lists.
* photographs of listed places from the Australian Heritage Photographic Library. [http://www.environment.gov.au/cgi-bin/heritage/photodb/imagesearch.pl Australian Heritage Photographic Library]
*List of heritage registers
*Australian Heritage Council
* [http://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/ahdb/ Australian Heritage Database, http://www.environment.gov.au/] .
* [http://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/index.html Australian Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (DEWHA) website] .
Look at other dictionaries:
Australian Heritage Council — was established on 19 February, 2004 as the Australian body responsible for advising the Australian Government on cultural heritage matters. The Council assesses nominations for the Commonwealth National Heritage list and the Commonwealth… … Wikipedia
Australian heritage law — Australian heritage laws exist at the national (Commonwealth) level, and at each of Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia state levels.It is these… … Wikipedia
Australian Capital Territory — Australia state or territory Name = Australian Capital Territory Fullname = Australian Capital Territory the = the Motto = For the Queen, the Law and the People Nickname = The Nations Heart or The Capital Emblems = The floral emblem of the ACT is … Wikipedia
Australian Green Tree Frog — Conservation status Least Concern ( … Wikipedia
Australian Biological Resources Study — (ABRS) is a project undertaken by Parks Australia Division of Australia s Department of the Environment and Heritage.ABRS was founded in 1973 from the recommendations of a 1972 Senate Select Committee report on Wildlife Conservation. Its purpose… … Wikipedia
Australian National Heritage List — In der Australian National Heritage List (deutsch: Australische Denkmal und Naturschutzliste) werden australische Kultur und Naturdenkmale eingetragen, die nach einem Eintrag besonderen Schutz nach Gesetzesrang haben. In Australien gilt für den… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Australian National University — The Australian National University Coat of Arms of ANU Motto Naturam Primum Cognoscere Rerum ( First to learn the nature of things ) Established 1946 … Wikipedia
Australian pubs — A public house or pub for short in Australia is an establishment performing many functions, often serving alcoholic beverages, meals, and providing basic accommadationOriginThe Australian pub is a direct descendant of the English pub. The… … Wikipedia
Australian National Botanic Gardens — The Australian National Botanic Gardens (ANBG) are located in Canberra and are administered by the Australian Government s Department of the Environment and Heritage.The botanic gardens are a collection of native Australian flora, the mission of… … Wikipedia
Australian Idol (season 6) — Main article: Australian Idol Australian Idol Season 6 Broadcast from 24 August 2008–23 November 2008 Judges Ian Dickson Marcia Hines Kyle Sandilands Host(s) … Wikipedia