- Prometheus (disambiguation)
__NOTOC__In Greek mythology,
Prometheus, or Prometheas is the Titan chiefly honored for stealing fire from the gods.
Prometheus may also mean:
Project Prometheus, NASA's nuclear propulsion program
*USS "Prometheus", multiple ships
*The Prometheus System, a liver dialysis system by Fresenius Medical Care AG
GWR Iron Duke Classsteam locomotive
* a European Research Project on driverless cars,
EUREKA Prometheus Project
Prometheus Bound", by Aeschylus, 525-456 BC, a play
* "Prometheus" (Goethe), a poem by Goethe
Prometheus Unbound", two different plays, one from the Greek Golden Age and one from the 19th century by Percy Bysshe Shelley
Prometheus (comics), the DC Comics supervillain
Prometheus (Pantheon), a fictional member of the Marvel Comics Pantheon
Prometheus Award, given in libertarian science fiction
* "Prometheus", a poem by
George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron
* "Prometheus", 1832 poem by
Thomas Kibble Hervey
* "The Modern Prometheus", alternative title to "
* "Promethidion", by
Cyprian Norwid, a poem on Greek dialogue
* "Prometheus" - A short story by
Prometheus Rising", by Robert Anton Wilson, a non-fiction book
Film and television
Prometheus and Bob, a claymation show on the Nickelodeon show "KaBlam!"
Prometheus class starship, a fictional attack vessel from the "Star Trek" universe
Prometheus (Stargate), a fictional vessel in "Stargate SG-1", first seen in the episode "Prometheus"
* "Prometheus", 1998 film by
Tony Harrison, feature film with poetic dialogue linking the myth to industrial decline
* "Prometheus Unbound" was the 3rd episode of the second season of
Beast Machinesin which Noble's efforts to enter the Citadel reveal a shocking secret.
* "Prometheus", a space station in the first episode of
* "Prometheus", a mural at Pomona College, California, painted by
José Clemente Orozco
* Prometheus chord/scale, a six-note chord more commonly referred to as the
* "Prometheus" (Liszt), by Franz Liszt, Symphonic Poem No. 5
* "", 1910 orchestral poem by Alexander Scriabin
* "", the most recent full-length released by
symphonic black metalband Emperor
* "Prometheus" (art song), 1819 song by Franz Schubert
* Prometheus, stage name of
Benji Vaughan, a British psychedelic trance musician
* "Prometheus", composition by
Ludwig van Beethoven, "Die Geschöpfe des Prometheus", op. 43
* "Prometheus Unbound", by
Granville Bantock, 1933, a work for brass band
* "Prometheus", 1968 opera by
* "Prometheus", by
Luigi Nono, 1992, the "Prometeo" Suite
* "Prometheus Bound", by
Charles-Valentin Alkan, Grande Sonate: Les Quatres Ages, fourth movement (50 Ans)
Prometheus Books", secular humanist publishing house founded in 1969 by Paul Kurtz
* "", a game published by White Wolf, Inc Game studios
* Prometheus, a video game character from "Mega Man ZX" series
* Prometheus, a computer game character from the "
Earthsiege" and "Starsiege" series.
* Prometheus, a game by Quarternote software for Classic MacOS, renamed to [http://www.qnote.com/Qrax/qrax.html Qrax] .
* Prometheus, the true name for the video game character Robo from Chrono Trigger
Prometheus Radio Projecthelps create participatory media by assisting civil society groups in building community radio stations.
Prometheus (tree), the name given to the oldest tree ever known, a 5000 yr old Bristlecone Pine
Prometheism, a Polish project to weaken Tsarist Russia and the Soviet Union
Prometheus Society, a High-IQ society.
*Prometheus Camp, Humanist coming of age summer camps in Finland, organised by the Prometheus Camp Association
* "American Prometheus", a biography of
J. Robert Oppenheimerwhich received the 2006 Pulitzer Prize
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.