- Ahmet Yalçınkaya
Ahmet Yalçınkaya (born 1963) is a Turkish
poet. He was born in Giresun, Turkey, finished High School in Germanyand completed his secondary education in Kabataş Erkek Lisesi. Has has a B.Sc.in Mechanical Engineeringfrom Bosphorus University(1987), M.Sc.in Roboticsfrom Istanbul Technical University(1991), A.A.in Management from Anadolu University(2000), and Cert.from Rutgers University. Has taught Mathematical Modelling at Namangan Engineering Pedagogical Institutein Uzbekistan. He works nowadays as technical manager in Uzbekistan.
His poems, essays, letters, interviews, poetry translations and other translations have been published by newspapers and journals like
Zaman, Al-Ahram Weekly, Vahdet, Impact, Tanitim, Avaz, Harman, Das Licht, Kardelen, Mavera, Yosh Kuch, Pop Tongi, Kiragi, Endulusand others in Turkey, Germany, England, Egyptand Uzbekistan. Has been awarded with several prizes. Has represented Kiragi Poetry Journal in Istanbul (1995-97). Has taken part in the editorial board of the literary journal Endulus (1997-98).
His published literary books are
* "Daglarda Yer Yok" (Poems, 1997, ``There is not any place in the mountains``), ISBN 975-7047-05-8
* "Yetim Kalan Siirler" (Poems, 2001, ``Orphan Poems``)
* "Yuragimning ko`z yoshi" (Selected Poems, 2001, in Uzbek, ``Tears of my Heart``) , ISBN 5-633-01241-0
* "Özlem Sularında" (Selected Poems, "In the Waters of Longing", e-book, 2004, printed, 2005), ISBN 1-4116-2869-1
* "Poems of the Night" (Anthology, with Richard Mildstone, 2005)
In addition to the above literary works, has also works in technical fields. Those are
* "Production and Utilisation of Biogas" (Projct 1987, printed 2005), ISBN 1-4116-2870-5
* "Dual Sayilarin Robot Kinematik ve Dinamiginde Kullanimi" (Thesis, 1991, "The Use of Dual Numbers in Robot Kinematics and Dynamics")
* "Role of Culture in Total Quality Management" (Dissertation, 1999, on print, 2008).
* "Dual Variables and Applications" (on print, 2008)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.