- Museum of Counterfeit Goods
The Museum of Counterfeit Goods, also known as the Tilleke & Gibbins Museum of Counterfeit Goods is a museum in the Rama 3, Chong Nonsi neighborhood of Bangkok, Thailand. The museum, which was established in 1989 at Tilleke & Gibbins Bangkok office, consists of items acquired in raids on behalf on the firm's clients, which had no purpose following their use in court cases. Since 1989 the museum's collection has grown from 100 items in four categories to more than 1500 items in 20 categories. This increase is due largely to the increase in counterfeit goods that exist in Bangkok and throughout Southeast Asia.
Titirat Wattanachewanopakorn and Nuttaphol Arammuang, attorneys with the firm, have given presentations on the museum and the related issues of counterfeiting to immigration officials at the Royal Thai Customs Department in Bangkok. The museum has also been featured in various international news outlets, hoping to draw more attention to the problem of counterfeit goods.
- ^ "Time and Trademark Infringement". Bangkok Post. 2003-09-04. http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-13235739_ITM. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Bangkok's Software Piracy Battle". BBC. 2003-11-23. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/technology/3227622.stm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Museum of Counterfeit Goods". Tilleke & Gibbins. http://www.tillekeandgibbins.com/museum/museum.htm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ Jirasakunthai Choosak (1999-08-16). "Museum Expands as Fakes Grow". The Nation. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-22840464.html. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ Gerald Goh (2006-10-05). "Thailand: Museum Showcasing Counterfeit Goods is for Real". Interpress Service. http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-30169810_ITM. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Titirat Wattanachewanopakorn". Tilleke & Gibbins International Ltd. http://www.tillekeandgibbins.com/attorneys/Titirat.htm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Nuttaphol Arammuang". Tilleke & Gibbins International Ltd. http://www.tillekeandgibbins.co.th/Attorneys/nuttaphol.htm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ Paradise, Paul R. (1999). Trademark Counterfeiting, Product Piracy, and the Billion Dollar Threat to the U.S. Economy. Greenwood Publishing Group. pp. 38. ISBN 1567202500. http://books.google.com/books?id=ny0vvUpBzCYC&pg=PA38&dq=%22Museum+of+Counterfeit+Goods%22&lr=&ei=zWy9SIG9GImUzAT_jc33Bw&sig=ACfU3U2QtvCiPt8TvvIxyNz5uyeL-Xb6IQ.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.