- TR-1 Temp
The TR-1 Temp is a mobile
theatre ballistic missiledeveloped and deployed by the Soviet Unionduring the Cold War. It was assigned the NATO reporting nameSS-12 Scaleboard and carried the industrial designation 9M76. A modified version was initially identified by NATO as a new design and given the SS-22 reporting name, but later recognized it as merely a variant of the original and maintained the name Scaleboard. The Temp entered service in the mid 1960s.
The TR-1 was designed as a mobile weapon to give theatre (front) commanders nuclear strike capability. The weapon used the same mobile launcher (
MAZ-543) as the R-11 Scudmissile but had an environmental protective cover that split down the middle and was only opened when the missile was ready to fire.
* Length: 12.0 m (39 ft 4)
* Diameter: 1.0 m (3 ft 3 in)
* Launch Weight: 9700 kg (9.55
* Propulsion: single stage liquid
* Warhead: nuclear
* Range: 900 km (560 mi)
List of missiles
* [http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/russia/tr-1.htm Global Security: TR-1]
* Hogg, Ian (2000). "Twentieth-Century Artillery". Friedman/Fairfax Publishers. ISBN 1-58663-299-X
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.