- Riki Guy
Riki Guy is an Israeli full-lyric Soprano with a warm and rich voice.
Riki Guy graduated from The
Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dancein 1997. Master classes and private coaching include work with voice professionals such as William Woodruff, Joan Dorneman, Ileana Cotrubaş, Silvia Sass, Vera Roja, Mignon Dunn, Renata Scotto, Diana Soviero, Gabriel Bacquier, Eliane Manchet and Sherrill Milnes.
In 2002, Riki Guy won the International Media Prize, the Prize of the Chambre Professionnelle des Directeurs d’Opera, andthe special prize of the Leipzig opera at the Hans Gabor Belvedere Competition in Vienna. In 2001, Ms. Guy won First Prizein the opera category, at the International Vocal Competition in Marmande, France.
In 2000, Riki Guy won first prize in the Vera Roja Vocal Competition, and later that year she won first prize in the “Lions”Vocal Competition, both in Israel. That year, Riki Guy also won the special prize granted by the chairman of the jury of theRomeo et Juliette competition in Budapest.
Scholarships and awards include the Israel Vocal Arts Institute scholarships (1996-2006), [http://www.aicf.org America-Israel Cultural Foundation] scholarships (1993-2002). Additional important awards include two New Israeli Opera awards – the “Grebov”Prize in 2000 and the “Basser” Prize in 1999.
Recent Stage Roles
The Tales of Hoffman: Lisbon Opera House 2007/08, Leipzig Opera House 2002/03/06
* Antonia, The Tales of Hoffman: Graz Opera House 2005/06, International Vocal Arts Institute 2004
Carmen: Aalto Theater Essen 2002/03, Deutsche Oper am Rhein 2002/03, New Israeli Opera 2002
La Bohéme: Volkstheater Rostock 2002/03
* Second Niece,
Peter Grimes: New Israeli Opera 2002
Suor Angelica: International Vocal Arts Institute 2002
* First Soprano, St. Mattheus Passion: New Israeli Opera 2002
* Pallade Venus,
L'incoronazione di Poppea: New Israeli Opera 2002
The Magic Flute: Israel Philharmonic Orchestra2001
* Angel & Nurse, Alfa and Omega: New Israeli Opera 2001
* Contessa & Ceprano,
Rigoletto: New Israeli Opera 2000
L'elisir d'amore: International Vocal Arts Institute 1999
L'enfant et les sortilèges: International Vocal Arts Institute 1998
* Musetta, La Bohéme: International Vocal arts institute 1997
* Gretel, Hänsel and Gretel: Israel Philharmonic Orchestra 1997
Dido and Æneas: Music Days Festival 1997
Orchestral Engagements and Recitals
* “Ah Perfido” (Beethoven): Easter Festival Warsaw 2006
* Coronation Mass/Lobgesang: Bochum Symphonic 2003/04
* Several works: Staatsorchester Kassel 2003/04
* Aria Concert: The Lions Club – Maggio Musicale; Fiorentino, Teatro Comunale 2001
* Aria Concert: Haifa Symphony 2000
* Bach Arias: Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra 1996
* A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Mendelssohn): Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra 1995
* Stabat Mater (Pergolesi): The Israel Sinfonietta Beer–Sheva 1991
* [http://www.oia-poilve.com/english/rikiguy.html Riki Guy, OIA-POILVE Artist Management]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.